Yesteray i was at sam ash and was playing through an amp that had chorus, flanger, tremelo, delay, and a few more effects i dont remember. Also it had setting where you can get certain types of sound. For example it had a dial that had settings like blues, clean, twang, crunch, and metal. So my question is with an amp like this, there really doesnt seem much of a need for effect pedals. What do you guys suggest?
It's probably a Line 6 Spider III (20 watts or higher) . If you are getting it, get a footswitch.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

yeah probably a line 6 spider lll or maybe a fender fm25dsp
possibly the fender but don't get it if it's a line 6
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
well it has all those effects, but if you buy some separate pedals the sound will probably be 'nicer' cause it are probably some modeling effects and they just don't sound as good as the 'real' ones
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by merkin72792
Yesteray i was at sam ash and was playing through an amp that had chorus, flanger, tremelo, delay, and a few more effects i dont remember. Also it had setting where you can get certain types of sound. For example it had a dial that had settings like blues, clean, twang, crunch, and metal. So my question is with an amp like this, there really doesnt seem much of a need for effect pedals.

Probably not much need to hear it, either.

Find an amp with better tone, then add the effects you want in your order of preference. That's my suggestion.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
that sounds exactly like a Spider.

the only amps that i'd recommend that are modeling are:

Vox Valvetronix (i own and personally LOVE) or Roland Cube (don't own but it gets the raves just as much as the Vox around here)
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
it seems like a kool amp at first, but play some amps and ull realize that the spider has horrible, digital tone.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.