Hey all
I'm planning to get myself an ibanez S470 for my birthday but i'm planning to change the pickups.
Problem is... I ain't that good when it comes to hardware xD
My type of playing is along the lines of Metallica / Ill Nino / Thrice / Rise Against , the usual Metal / Hardcore punk kinda stuff^^

Any help is welcome^^

PS. My amp is a roland cube 60=)
Last edited by Gego12 at May 18, 2008,
Good call on chaning the pickups , stock ones are wank...
have a look a seymour duncans , or bare knuckles... possibly emgs...
im dont know alot about pickups myself, give those a look at though...
if ur in the UK, Bareknuckle is the way to go. Their amazing. If not, try some DiMarzios or Duncans. I would go with EMG's for you becuase you dont need to route out a new guitar for a battery. Try Duncan Invaders or the Duncan JB (b) 59 (n).
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
if ur in the UK, Bareknuckle is the way to go. Their amazing. If not, try some DiMarzios or Duncans. I would go with EMG's for you becuase you dont need to route out a new guitar for a battery. Try Duncan Invaders or the Duncan JB (b) 59 (n).

i ain't in the uk, but i suppose i could get them shipped here since Belgium ain't very far off:p
Na, I wouldnt Unless you wanna spend like $400 on pups.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
Na, I wouldnt Unless you wanna spend like $400 on pups.

lol k xD So EMGs are a bad choice for me? Had an eye on an EMG 81, EMG 85 and an EMG SA for the single coil
Umm, Id have them professionally installed. if you did that they probly wouldnt have to re rout for the battery. That's an amazing set up. I have an EMG 81,60 in my warlock, and the 81TW, 89 in my Hellraiser. I have duncans in my RR3, and they are alot deeper with a solid state amp. I would say if you have a tube amp, go with EMG's if you have solid state, they aren't going to sound good at all. If you have solid state, let me knwo and Ill look deeper into the duncans and dimarzios for the sound you want.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
Umm, Id have them professionally installed. if you did that they probly wouldnt have to re rout for the battery. That's an amazing set up. I have an EMG 81,60 in my warlock, and the 81TW, 89 in my Hellraiser. I have duncans in my RR3, and they are alot deeper with a solid state amp. I would say if you have a tube amp, go with EMG's if you have solid state, they aren't going to sound good at all. If you have solid state, let me knwo and Ill look deeper into the duncans and dimarzios for the sound you want.

Well, i was planning to get a professional tech sort it out anyways, i love my guitars too much, i'd be scared to do something dumb xD
So that's a good setup for hardcore and post hardcore punk?
Well like I said the invadersare great for that type of music, so is the JB,'59. As for the single coil id go with a Duncan Hotrail or Hot Stack.

For Dimarzios, I'd say the Breed is the best for the bridge and a PAF for the neck. FOr the Single id go with a Super distortion S.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
Well like I said the invadersare great for that type of music, so is the JB,'59. As for the single coil id go with a Duncan Hotrail or Hot Stack.

For Dimarzios, I'd say the Breed is the best for the bridge and a PAF for the neck. FOr the Single id go with a Super distortion S.

But it'd still work for the really heavy distorted metal?
sorry for doing this but....bump:p
Really need to know wich pickups to order so i'd like more oppinions
You don't have to route for a new battery if the control cavity is large enough to fit a 9 volt =/ Also, if you don't use your tone control, just take it out to make room.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Like everyone else said, Duncans or Dimarzios. Some emgs you have to route for because they arent direct replacements because of the exended housing.