Unfortunately, the song as a whole was quite boring.
I found myself skipping through parts, and it was already a short song.

This is bad.
You don't want people to get bored listening to your music.

Some notes sounded out of key, and the part that started at bar 15 was not so great.

The solo wasn't really that killer.
It had some parts that didn't sound very practical, and was pretty ehh.

Your song had some good parts where I was thinking,
"Hey that sounded pretty cool", but that thought was demolished by what came next.

I did kind of like bar 9 to 12 and you should have had more stuff like this.

~Loki <3
~ Please Crit One Of My Songs? ~
~_My_Song_Threads_~

Quote by IndieLee
The_Bass_Poet, I want your babies.
Last edited by The_Bass_Poet at May 19, 2008,
I have to say I was a little let down by the killer solo, maybe because it was pretty much shredding and that's all. It had some cool sound parts, but I think you could make it melodic and fast at the same time. Would be much better.

I really like the main theme, thats what stood out most, it's in my head still. Not much you could change with that.
Bar 99 was just ridiculous. No one in the whole wide world can play that fast.
As for the rest of the song. It wasnt great, but had its moments.
Like bar 9-11, thats just awsomely funky, You should change bar 12 though IMO.
Thanks for all the feed back. I love this song personally, it was stuck in my head for days. "Bar 99 was just ridiculous. No one in the whole wide world can play that fast." .. the fun with guitar pro is being able to make music that you could never play in real life...
Thanks for all the feed back. I love this song personally, it was stuck in my head for days. "Bar 99 was just ridiculous. No one in the whole wide world can play that fast." .. the fun with guitar pro is being able to make music that you could never play in real life...

Most people use it as a way to put a full song together without a band present, I think. Not to make something ridiculously and impossibly fast just because you can. So I doubt you'll find a lot of people willing to agree.

But that said, you have potential to be a good composer. You just really really need work. There is nothing catchy about this, and the solo is definitely far from killer. There were some cool riffs but they'd probably benefit each other in separate songs more so than in this one piece.
Well, after listening to your song, there are several things that I can say about it:

The acoustic intro was well done imo, but by around bar 30, it got a little boring and I was hoping for the distorted guitars to come in.
When the distorted guitar finally did come in, it seemed to sort of back the acoustic guitar more than go off with crazy lead riffs.
I liked when the dist. guitar was doing some fills behind the acoustic from bar 46-55.
That little riff from 70-73 makes me think of chickens.
The solo, which seems to be the selling point of your song, is kind of bland. It sounded really cool in some parts, but in others, it sounded really generic. I liked it, though.
I think that this song has potential, but it just needs a little work. Good job, man.

Crit mine, please?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=864095
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

I was let down by the solo. I really liked the acoustic for the first 20 bars but it got tedious. The Rhythm was not so great. Make the solo fit the song.
just a comment- the solo was not good. the shreddy fast parts are tecnical, yes, but it lacked melody and the right notes. improve that-- it might sound better with drums ( just the solo) too.

short C 4 short C?
lolage
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein