Some brands of amps are hard to find in the United States in retail stores. Off the top of my head I can think of Laney, Traynor, and Orange. What's the best way to get hold of these amps for those of us in the states? The stores that I've been looking at are Sam Ash and Guitar Center.
The Setup:
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Crate GFX-30
Vox AD50VT
Go to their websites and search for dealers near you. If you can't find that info online, contact them directly and ask.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well, they might have some used amps at SA and GC, I've seen some. Go look around at local guitar stores not just major ones.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Musician's Friend has ship to the US I think, they carry Laney and Traynor amps (Laney seem to be more expensive than what you'd pay in the UK though).. you could try ZZsounds or whatever they're called (I live in Canada)...
OR!
Take a trip to England, pick yourself up a Laney and FedEx it to yourself!
yea there is almost no quality gear in the US amp wise >.< i cant find ne place that have randalls or kranks in their store
Quote by freakypop
yea there is almost no quality gear in the US amp wise >.< i cant find ne place that have randalls or kranks in their store

You are crazy. Try living in Australia or Singapore before you talk about quality gear not being around. You just might live in an area where it is hard to find some of the more boutique stuff.
Suprisingly, I once saw some small 25w Orange amps for sale at Hot Topic, but they only had them there for a few weeks. I don't know any dealers off the top of my head. As far as Laney, though, my uncle uses them, and bought his at Brookmays Music store, which I think is a nationwide chain. If you can find one near you, they're worth checking out. They sell a lot of brands of guitars and amps that are tough to find a guitar center. I bought my G&L ASAT there, and have yet to see it anywhere else.
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Musician's Friend has ship to the US I think, they carry Laney and Traynor amps (Laney seem to be more expensive than what you'd pay in the UK though).. you could try ZZsounds or whatever they're called (I live in Canada)...
OR!

I know Musician's Friend ships to the US, but I still can't actually plug my guitar into their amps to see how they sound. A trip to the UK sounds great, but I think I'm too busy around here these days for that.

Quote by freakypop

Both Guitar Center and Sam Ash have some Randall amps on their websites. I'm not sure if that means they carry them in store though.

Quote by pefenheitenaugh
Suprisingly, I once saw some small 25w Orange amps for sale at Hot Topic, but they only had them there for a few weeks. I don't know any dealers off the top of my head. As far as Laney, though, my uncle uses them, and bought his at Brookmays Music store, which I think is a nationwide chain. If you can find one near you, they're worth checking out. They sell a lot of brands of guitars and amps that are tough to find a guitar center. I bought my G&L ASAT there, and have yet to see it anywhere else.

If this is the Brookmay's you are talking about: http://www.brookmays.com
Then you'll see that their only stores are located in Texas.
The Setup:
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Crate GFX-30
Vox AD50VT
Last edited by DarkDragon786 at May 18, 2008,
Quote by freakypop

You don't have Randalls or Kranks - you get Mesa, Fender and Peavey for CHEAP, especially used. Welcome to Finland if you want to pay 1000€ for the cheapest 5150/6505 used.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Vinyl_Master
OR!

Even better use ParcelForce and ensure it never gets to you!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by freakypop

guitar center and musicians friend both have kranks and randalls, lots of places have randalls. you must live in a small city cause there's GC's everywhere. like the other guy said try craigslist, i've gotten some pretty good stuff from ppl through craigslist

DR.Z Wizard Bogner and besides a couple places ENGL's are kind of hard to find
don't regret your self . Come and live in Macedonia. In whole country has maybe 10 music stores (7 realy poor ). Everything is more expensive and you can't buy from musiciandfriends or zzound because they don;t ship to Macedonia . Olso from e-bay is hard to buy because Macedonia is not on paypal list and sometimes items are lost. Peavey bandit 112 online at musiciand friends is 300$ in Macedonia is 350euros . Do you get the difference ?
Quote by Madsalty
Even better use ParcelForce and ensure it never gets to you!
It's true.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
It's true.

It really is i'm really p*ssed off with them because they lost two £90 DVD-RW drives for my Toughbook!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by freakypop

I could go to just about any music store, close to me, and find a good amp. And I live 2 hours from any major city.

Fenders, Marshall, Mesas, Vox..... Maybe not what you are lookin for, but those are definitely good amps.

Aren't Kranks boutiquish? Never seen anything boutique in a music store.
Quote by freakypop

BS.
At my local store, there's boutique amps wall to wall.
There's bogners, buddas, bad cats, old marshalls, high end fenders, voxes, everything your heart desires.
And it's rumored that they have a Dumble or a trainwreck in their vault.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at May 19, 2008,
Boohoo a couple of amps may be scarcely available over there, try living in the UK where you pay 4 times the amount you would pay in the USA for a Mesa Boogie and companies like Avatar and X2 wireless don't even utilize the British market.
Quote by freakypop
Thats kind of a wierd comment considering ,Rivera, Mesa,Fender,Etc. Etc. are all companies in the US.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by david_safc
Boohoo a couple of amps may be scarcely available over there, try living in the UK where you pay 4 times the amount you would pay in the USA for a Mesa Boogie and companies like Avatar and X2 wireless don't even utilize the British market.

this is true. here in the UK, the majority of us have to pretty much rely on Laney, or get something wanky.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
There are plenty of amps out there if you really put forth some effort into finding them. Before I bought my Decatone I probably spent 30-40 hours on the road just trying out different amps. It was worth every bit of it too.

Some amps are always going to be easy to find and some are situationally easy to find. For instance I've played on everything in the Traynor catalog numerous times thanks to a dealer being 6 blocks from my apartment, and recently there has been a boutique open about 30 miles away that stocks Bad Cat, Dr. Z, and Framus amongst other things.

On the other hand certain things are more difficult. The nearest GC to me should be an hour away (if you look at maps and speed limits), but I never get there in less than an hour and a half thanks to the traffic. I drove there on three separate occasions in order to try out a JVM, a Tre, and an Avenger.

All I'm saying is that in order to get what you want, sometimes you have to suck it up and go find what you want.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Zander155
Craigslist for major cities.

Yes. I saw a KMD all tube 60 watt for $250. Maybe it was crap, I didn't play it. But made in England, eventually KMD was bought by Fender.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by darkarbiter7
BS.
At my local store, there's boutique amps wall to wall.
There's bogners, buddas, bad cats, old marshalls, high end fenders, voxes, everything your heart desires.
And it's rumored that they have a Dumble or a trainwreck in their vault.

man your lucky. my local store only has samick guitars and crate and vox solidstates. thats literally all they have. there not even dealers of any of the big name guitar companies and amp companies.