Page 1 of 2
I can feel the hatred from people already.

But this is a serious question!
How many people do you think bought Guitar Hero, got really good, bought a nice guitar and, after a few weeks was like "Why can't I play (Insert Guitar Hero Song Here)?"?

I'm thinking about ten thousand people might have tried that.

And how many people do you think tried guitar and actually spent their time becoming fairly good at actual guitar?

Maybe...Twenty?

What do you think?
You know... There aren't a whole lot of people who really honestly believe that guitar hero skills = guitar skills. I pwn at guitar hero and want to play guitar, but I'm still just a vocalist because I'm cheap haha. When I have money I'm buying a guitar though.
Well I would consider myself one of the 20 who got into guitar through GH and started getting good at it.
That's only because I had nothing but video games before that though.
Quote by pureebil333
guitar hero actually got me back into playing guitar

Same.
guitar hero is fun- and it annoys me when people are like "oh play proper guitar not gh" and then when they play it they think it's awesome!
also it's just a video game- i know it doesnt help guitaring skills, but guitar helps gh-ing skills... either way i like guitar hero and guitar... and u wont change my mind. EVER!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

All I managed to prove with GH is that despite the fact I thought my mate (who is far better than me) would beat me, I actually pwnd him
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

Guitar Hero inspired me to play guitar..i felt like a loser playin a plastic thing with buttons on it so i got into guitar and i am very glad i did
I started playing songs on guitar that are on Guitar Hero lon before it was even out. I play the game sometimes.... it's kinda fun.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
guitar hero kinda broadened my music tastes.
before i had played it i really only listened to a couple specific genres

so it's not only about getting people to play
it kinda shows you what all is out there in the whole "rock" category
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
hm, well, I think guitar hero actually made me want to play

Something funny happened recently though, I was at school, and this kid was walking around playing his electric, and as he walked by he was playing Hey there delilah, so i just said under my breath "i ****ing hate that song..."
Well, he heard me, and he said "oh? So you think you can play something better?"
I just said yeah, so he handed me the guitar, and I just started sweeping, because that was the first thing that came to mind.......the thing that pissed me off is that he then immediatley asked me if i could play through the fire and the flames. I proceeded to shove the guitar back into his hands and walk away.

I hate people who ask me to play guitar hero songs......its so freaking aggravating......
/rant

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

i cannot count how many nerds have brought themselves into an educated conversation about guitar with anyother guitar player with an" o my god i can play that on expert!!!" ie: talking about playing One by metallica
Quote by cheez1492
guitar hero kinda broadened my music tastes.

Same with me.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Cant wait, my friend just got GH so im waiting to get over his flat and play some, from the little ive played with my brother its really good

So Booze + Mates + Guitar hero =
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
You know... There aren't a whole lot of people who really honestly believe that guitar hero skills = guitar skills. I pwn at guitar hero and want to play guitar, but I'm still just a vocalist because I'm cheap haha. When I have money I'm buying a guitar though.

how long you been saving for lol? you joined in 2006
Quote by Dillona
NME: OMFG DEY HAZ TIGHT JEENZ N MESSY HAIRZ!

LETS COVER THEM IN OUR MAGAZINE FOR THE NEXT THREE MONTHS! .

Metallica 08.07.07
I always find myself asking "What the *$%# am I doing? Why am I not actually learning this?" when I play Guitar Hero. I've always hated it, I got to playing expert and realized how much I neglected actually playing an actualy guitar. Having the same experiences as Altoid, "O my god expert ftw lulz", I guess i've just came to completely hate that game.

Sorry to anybody who likes it, i'm not trying to show hatred towards you.
guitar hero guitarist fail at life
sincem ost of them think slash and tom morello are the best
i think i heard about a guy at my school who's a dork anyway who sed that they're gonna learn guitar through guitar hero.

guitar hero doesn't help you with guitar. it helps if you play guitar because you're used to moving your fingers around, but i play guitar and my friend who doesn't plays guitar hero better than me, so there you go.

also i thought the guitar hero episode of south park was hilarious.

when they thought that playing the real guitar was gay
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by theocao
guitar hero guitarist fail at life
sincem ost of them think slash and tom morello are the best

Yeah. That's exactly why someone would fail at life.
I hate Tom Morello, you wouldn't believe how many people at my old school would say, after being shown something by Steve Vai, "Oh Tom Morello's a lot better than Steve 'Vay', Tom Morello can make cool noises with his guitar." VAY?! Jesus Christ.

Woop Dee *$*%*^$ Doo, he can make a squirrel noise...
Quote by SlipknotRule93

also i thought the guitar hero episode of south park was hilarious.

Guitar Queer-o xD

T'was great.
I think its all fun and dandy until you realize that you are doing nothing but sitting in your basement. Your mind is not expanding guitar-wise in any way shape or form. Then you realize that your sweating, and your wrist hurts. Why not take that time and sweat and put it into learning a song in real life?
Quote by TravisWongPG
I think its all fun and dandy until you realize that you are doing nothing but sitting in your basement. Your mind is not expanding guitar-wise in any way shape or form. Then you realize that your sweating, and your wrist hurts. Why not take that time and sweat and put it into learning a song in real life?

Maybe they just don't want to do that?
A kid in my school (who was playing guitar for 5 years) got guitar hero and quit real guitar because he said guitar hero is more fun .
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
My rhythm guitarist started playing guitar after he played guitar hero. For being a self-taught guitarist, he's not bad. Watching him play TTFAF on Expert is fun. I don't like to play GH at all myself, but he does. He got 99% last time I saw him, and he has part of the song memorized. Then I proceeded to play Slow Ride on Hard. I got 83%. I don't like GH, but Heroin Hero, that game is freakin awesome.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by Megadeth2011
My rhythm guitarist started playing guitar after he played guitar hero. For being a self-taught guitarist, he's not bad. Watching him play TTFAF on Expert is fun. I don't like to play GH at all myself, but he does. He got 99% last time I saw him, and he has part of the song memorized. Then I proceeded to play Slow Ride on Hard. I got 83%. I don't like GH, but Heroin Hero, that game is freakin awesome.

I love that game, I once almost caught the dragon, but then I ran out of heroin and had to start over .
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Well I sort of did the first, though I realised I probably wouldn't be able to play the songs. I've now been practicing for a while and tried the song Jessica today. After about 20 minutes I could play almost the entire song.

Hehe I started guitar because of Guitar hero..
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
wtf us heroin hero?
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Congrats On Jessica...

I was just imaginging, just now, if people talked about real guitar like they did Guitar Hero

"Hey have you full comboed miserlou yet?"
"No but I got a 5-star"

V.V
I Had No Sig Once.

?
Quote by Angus_Junior35
wtf us heroin hero?

n00bzors

xD kidding buddy, in all seriousness, Heroine Hero is a game straight out of South Park.
Check the episode on Youtube, you might find it it's "Guitar Queer-o"
I Had No Sig Once.

?
Quote by Nemo306
n00bzors

xD kidding buddy, in all seriousness, Heroine Hero is a game straight out of South Park.
Check the episode on Youtube, you might find it it's "Guitar Queer-o"

Or watch the whole episode free. Go to www.free-tv-video-online.info and go from there. Click TV shows and find South Park. Click on Season 11. Go down to where it will say 11X13, and that should be your show.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by Megadeth2011
Or watch the whole episode free. Go to www.free-tv-video-online.info and go from there. Click TV shows and find South Park. Click on Season 11. Go down to where it will say 11X13, and that should be your show.

You my good sir...Is correct.
You should have a show, like Opera.
I Had No Sig Once.

?
2 of my friends started learning guitar because they played guitar hero. One of them was a guitar hero beast, and the other one was decent. The kid who was decent thinks he's the best thing ever cause he can play Karma Police and a few Red Hot Chili Pepper songs. The other friend is decent he can do basic stuff and can slowly play creep and a few other easy intro riffs, but he's at least somewhat more modest.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
I'm teaching a friend of mine to play guitar, he's a GH vet. It's a good time, but he still can't understand why he can't play Cliffs of Dover.
Quote by Nemo306
Congrats On Jessica...

I was just imaginging, just now, if people talked about real guitar like they did Guitar Hero

"Hey have you full comboed miserlou yet?"
"No but I got a 5-star"

V.V

Thanks

yeah, that'd be pretty weird
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
i havent played GH for months, but then i started playing it again 3 days ago. For some reason im like ridiculously(sp?) better at it now then i ever was. My first time playing TFFAF on expert was yesterday where i got 70%. Since then ive got up to 75% I play on practice because i still cant do the intro, but im not bad at GH anymore
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
I'm not sure weather I should congratulate you or stab you in the eye.

>.V
I Had No Sig Once.

?
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Guitar Hero inspired me to play guitar..i felt like a loser playin a plastic thing with buttons on it so i got into guitar and i am very glad i did

Same lol, it also opened me up to alot of bands I didn't know about.
I hate guitar hero. Yes I've played it. Yes I sucked. No that's not why I hate it.
It's caused too many people to turn around and say "you think that's hard, you should play Through the Fire and Flames on Expert!

Sit down, shut the **** up.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Page 1 of 2