I have both of these, but I think it would be easier on me if I could just get one guitar that is kind of like both of these.....I have heard PRS, and I have also heard SG.....I have never played either of these, so help me out?
prs. sg does not have the tone or characteristic of either guitar, well maybe a bit of les paul. but the prs can pull out both the strat and lp tones. not to mention they're a sight for sore eye.
Yeah I have considered the strat with a humbucker, and I dont really like PRS because they cost so much.
It's a mahogany strat, so it should get you a little bit closer, although may compromise the actual strat sound. As in, it won't be as bright as if it was an alder body.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
well if you think the PRS is expensive i would agree that a HSS strat would be the thing for you
i've got a metallic blue mexican stratocaster and a fender frontman 15G amp
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Go with a carvin, thats what I did. Just as good as a PRS and about half the price.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*