View poll results: Would you do it?
Yes
98 71%
No
40 29%
Voters: 138.
Page 1 of 2
Well, would you?

Lets say you had all the technical skill you needed to join the band, and you got along pretty well with everyone, would you do it?

My favorite band as of now is Protest the Hero...but if I had the chance, i dont think I would join. One, I dont think I could write songs like they do...they songs would end up sucking. And two is because I enjoy waiting for whatever they put out and probably wouldnt enjoy their music anymore if i was in the band.

So what are your thoughts on that? Would you join your favorite band/artist?
Yeah....
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Tony Iommi doesn't accept rhythm guitarists. That's why Geezer switched to bass.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I have too wide a taste (PRETENTIOUS, ALERT!) to pin one favourite band; but I couldn't do it if it meant booting another member of the band!
Right now my "favorite" band would be Machine Head. I'd join them, sure. Their music is a lot like the music my own band makes. And FYI, I discovered them long after my band was formed.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
My favourite band could only improved by me joining them. Of course I would.

I kick Kirk Hammet's ass any day.
Quote by Vermintide
My favourite band could only improved by me joining them. Of course I would.

I kick Kirk Hammet's ass any day.

You're going to outwah him?
Yeah, I figure I'd fit in with Mindless Self Indulgence quite well.

~sigh~
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by darkstar2466
Tony Iommi doesn't accept rhythm guitarists. That's why Geezer switched to bass.

Who wants to be a rhythm guitarist if they're not singing? That is just shameless rape of one's ego.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
being a second to John Frusciante, Flea, Chad Smith and the Swan?
I'd loose mt arses virginity for that...
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
Quote by InvaderTSN
You're going to outwah him?

Hells yeah homes. 5 wah pedals in a chain, lots of duct tape. You know it.
Quote by Vermintide
Hells yeah homes. 5 wah pedals in a chain, lots of duct tape. You know it.

You need to get a few prosthetic limbs for that - so they can all wah at the same time. Or use your Vermintide clones.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
i'd join one of my favourite bands, yes.

sunn o))). they're rather experimental so i'd go crazy. XD
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Yeah, I figure I'd fit in with Mindless Self Indulgence quite well.

~sigh~

I would say I could see you playin bass for them but I like Lyn Z too much
Quote by Jackolas
I have too wide a taste (PRETENTIOUS, ALERT!) to pin one favourite band; but I couldn't do it if it meant booting another member of the band!

Okay, say the member already left and they needed a new one...
Quote by freddaahh
Who wants to be a rhythm guitarist if they're not singing? That is just shameless rape of one's ego.

Jeff Hanneman frowns upon your words.
Quote by freddaahh
You need to get a few prosthetic limbs for that - so they can all wah at the same time. Or use your Vermintide clones.

The beauty of it is I'd tape on one of those big wooden rulers D&T teachers have so that it's like one big pedal.

It'd be the UBERWAH.

Quote by InvaderTSN

Hanneman and King frequently share lead duties, do they not? It does not count.

I'll tell you who does frown though.

Last edited by Vermintide at May 18, 2008,
yeah, that would be a lot of money.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
o yeah!
but I'd have to play other peoples music all day...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by freddaahh

Funny you should say that... I wouldn't mind at all!
Quote by saxaxe
I would say I could see you playin bass for them but I like Lyn Z too much

We can... both play? XD
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
No, because I'm not talented enough at anything I play to join Cannibal Corpse.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
well even if i did any of the following

-metallica
-u2
-bullet for my valentine **** YEAH

the chances of me getting laid are still nil
Quote by wtf290
When I saw the title I immediately assumed it was another person coming to the Pit for medical advice - and then I pictured someone bleeding from the eye and typing like the wind. "RESPOND, DAMMIT! I THINK I'M LOSING CONSCIOUSNESS!"
Worked for Frusciante, and he improved the Chili Peppers infinitely!

I definitely would, since I know most of the songs already!
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by Vermintide

I'll tell you who does frown though.

I always thought Hanneman soloed very seldomly while Kerry took most of it, so I usually view him as the rhythm guitarist, but I'll make a new one.

And yes Malcolm frowns upon your words.

So does this man.

I'd never replace Froosh.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Vermintide
The beauty of it is I'd tape on one of those big wooden rulers D&T teachers have so that it's like one big pedal.

It'd be the UBERWAH.

That would be brain bending brutality. But, would you not want all the pedals to wah at slightly different times to each other so it sounds even more manic and brain crushing? Therfore the idea of using rulers is stunted. You need a mechanical system where each pedal depresses like a wave - one, then the next and the next. Creating a gradually stronger wah.

Quote by InvaderTSN

Jeff Hanneman does more lead work that King, hes way better as well, and he's written their best songs, too. King's just bald.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
Jeff Hanneman does more lead work that King, hes way better as well, and he's written their best songs, too. King's just bald.

I was corrected a few posts up ago and made a new post.
I wouldn't want to play guitar, but I think playing bass would be fun for NIN. I wouldn't have to worry about studio too much either

I wouldn't join Rush though, I'd ruin their flow.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by InvaderTSN
I was corrected a few posts up ago and made a new post.

Sorry, I was just a bit behind then. I must undoubtedly kill myself for my obvious incompetence.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Page 1 of 2