So there is this charity thing going on at my high school to raise money for something, and a bunch of bands are playing. I know the person who is coordinating and was invited to play. I'm a solid guitar player and wanted to do an acoustic set, but I'm not very comfortable with my voice. Not sure if it is lousy or decent. Should I just jump in and do it?
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
do it. who cares what they think
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
do it. who cares what they think

I do.

If you can't sing on pitch - learn how to. That's basically the "trick" to being a good singer. If you sing on key - people think you're AT LEAST a decent singer.

No one wants to listen to someone sing off key. They can record themselves in the shower then.

Check out the only vocals/singing thread in the Musician's Forum.
Well I can sing in key, the problem is projection. It is getting it too come from the diaphragm as opposed to my throat.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by Retribution
I do.

If you can't sing on pitch - learn how to. That's basically the "trick" to being a good singer. If you sing on key - people think you're AT LEAST a decent singer.

No one wants to listen to someone sing off key. They can record themselves in the shower then.

Check out the only vocals/singing thread in the Musician's Forum.

link plz???

for the TS: i have the same felling, i dunno weether my voice is good or not, but i was told that it's normal not to love ur voice the firstime u get serious about singing, ask pple wht they think, NOT family (to nice to criticise), not friends becoz they cud mok u, id ask pple who u arent close with, maybe ur music teacher, or girls in ur class (very jugemental). ask thes kind of pple and find ur answer.
DUDE, smart people dont feel shy.

................./´ /)........./¯ //
..............,/¯// ........./...//
............./...//. ......./¯ //
.........../´¯/'´ ¯/´¯ /.../ /
........./'.../... ./... /.../ //
........('(...´(... ....... ,../'. .')
.........\.......... ..... ..\/..../
..........''...\.... ..... . _.•´
............\....... ..... ..(
..............\..... ..... ....
UPWARD STROKES ARE FOR LOOSERS.
you should totally do it, im doing the same and i don't feel that comfortable with my voice either, but as a few people have said, if you sing in key people will at least think you are a decent singer.
Looking for a new sig!