Page 1 of 2
OK pit so here is the deal. I have an older brother who is such a metal head. I was play Speed of Sound on my Acoustic Guitar. He comes up to me and says "Dont play that gay song here"

I say" Chill out i just learned it should u be happy"

(mind you he also plays guitar)

Him: That aint metal enough now get the hell out of here

How the hell am i suppose to play metal on acoustic with out it having The slightest bit of an acoustic sound?

What shuld i tell him? suggestions?
Tell him to open his mind or GTFO.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Accept the brilliance of metal and realise that whatever you do will never compare to the majestic brutality that metal embodies and kill yourself; or pick up a spiky ESP and headbang until your death.

/thread mofo.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Play some Opeth and blow his mind.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Is he a real metalhead, or a Bullet 7 Trivium fan?

R.S.V.P, This is of utmost importance to the thread.
Quote by freddaahh
Accept the brilliance of metal and realise that whatever you do will never compare to the majestic brutality that metal embodies and kill yourself; or pick up a spiky ESP and headbang until your death.

/thread mofo.

someone needs to listen to some more music
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Little brother? Looks like he's jealous!
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
beat him down and learn some amazingly difficult jazz song and blow his ass away wen u challenge him to a guitar duel with both ur friends there and embarrass him
Quote by freddaahh

/thread mofo.

Play some Beatles, then tell him, "Tits or GTFO!"
tell him he sucks at music.

metal is cool, but you can only learn so much from one style
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
dropkick

/thread
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Quote by Eminored

Play some Beatles, then tell him, "Tits or GTFO!"

If you wanna impress a close-minded little kid, you're gonna have to do better than The Beatles. Seriously.
Quote by cashewchaching
someone needs to listen to some more music

Someone else needs to understand the concept of exaggeration for comic effect.

Quote by Vermintide
Is he a real metalhead, or a Bullet 7 Trivium fan?

R.S.V.P, This is of utmost importance to the thread.

Indeed it is, if he's a gaycore fan then need not worry, his tastes will change in a couple of weeks.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
waitwaitwait, metal ENOUGH? Theres nothing metal about it at all. But he's right, it is a gay song. Not that you can only play metal, but still, out of all non-metal songs, thats a terrible one.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by Vermintide
If you wanna impress a close-minded little kid, you're gonna have to do better than The Beatles. Seriously.

That's the thing, ya don't need to impress the idiot. Just play what you want. Metal isn't even dependent on being technical, so why should he have to play something hard.
Quote by Eminored
That's the thing, ya don't need to impress the idiot. Just play what you want. Metal isn't even dependent on being technical, so why should he have to play something hard.

It almost is, I much prefer technical metal bands, or at least dudes that are better than competent. He must play something hard, for otherwise he is beyond bad.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by TranquilNight
And what does he play/listen to?

Serious question?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Impale him with a Warlock.

Killed by a crappy embodiment of his "superior" metal.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Delanoir
Acoustic isn't gay.

Coldplay is.

True dat.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Play Texas Flood, SRV style. Then I DARE him to say it sucks. It's impossible.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Learn an acoustic part of an Opeth song, be sure to play it when he's around, then when he says something like "don't play that gay acoustic **** here" tell him it's Opeth. Then, he will either realize his hypocrisy, or say "dude that's gay listen to real metal like trivium lollz!!!7."
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Learn an acoustic part of an Opeth song, be sure to play it when he's around, then when he says something like "don't play that gay acoustic **** here" tell him it's Opeth. Then, he will either realize his hypocrisy, or say "dude that's gay listen to real metal like trivium lollz!!!7."

Then there will be double hypocrisy, as real metal like BFMV and A7X aren't metal, just bollocks.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by GuitarLegend300
How the hell am i suppose to play metal on acoustic with out it having The slightest bit of an acoustic sound?

Listen to Opeth. Very metal. Lots of acoustic work.

Honestly just tell your brother to shut the hell up. I've been in many disputes about genre choices. Play what you want and play it better than he ever could.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Learn to play METAL or GTFO
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Page 1 of 2