Hey guys.
For my exam tomorrow, I need to be able to play Scrapple From The Apple. I've got the head down, but I'm lost on the solo.

Do I just stay in F major, or do I switch to the Mixolydian for each chord?
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
hey i just did that!

alright. so for the A section you can just chill in F major (or some mode of it) but the bridge is D, G, C, F i think right? right. so you can just use modes of those keys try and keep it in one position if you could, like D major, D Myxo, D Dorian, D Phrygian would work (2 bars each) And then work out other positions from there. From D-G C# goes down to C, and then from G-C the F# goes to F, then from C-F the B goes to Bb, so accent those tones when those changes come up
Last edited by phoenix_88 at May 18, 2008,
yeah, you kinda are.

3 cheers for procrastination!
I'd tell you all about the merits of it now, but I can just do it later.
Quote by phoenix_88
hey i just did that!

alright. so for the A section you can just chill in F major (or some mode of it) but the bridge is D, G, C, F i think right? right. so you can just use modes of those keys try and keep it in one position if you could, like D major, D Myxo, D Dorian, D Phrygian would work (2 bars each) And then work out other positions from there. From D-G C# goes down to C, and then from G-C the F# goes to F, then from C-F the B goes to Bb, so accent those tones when those changes come up

Hooray! It works.
Thank you kindly.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
haha i did that song for my guitar juries. what key are you doing it in? i would do somthing similar to doing the mixoltydian of the chords.
First thing, simplify the chords to the A section like this:

| C7 | % | % | % | F∆ | Bb7 | F∆ | C7 |

The B is already as simple as it gets.

This tune is as bebop as they come, so focus on approaching chord tones, specifically landing 3s and 7s on the downbeats. Arpeggios are your friend, but if you get lost and you really feel you have to play something, use the appropriate key/scale. (Mostly F in the A section, shifting every 2 bars in the B)

And next time: prepare earlier. You might not sound wrong, but you wont sound convincing, and your examiners will know you haven't practiced it.
yeah seriously, you can't just throw jazz together. Either way, the first four bars you can play a C mixolydian scale, 5 is FMaj, probably 5 too since it's like a IV movement, then go back to your Cmixo.

The bridge, well if you don't know what scales to play god help you. Either way, over the A7 you play Amixo, D7 is Dmixo, and so on.

Apply the A section stuff to the tail end.