Now i know half the people are going to tell me that agathis is crap and i should get a new guitar. However i like my guitar and will not be selling it anytime soon. I would however like to replace the pickups, but i dont know which type of pickup would respond to it the best, passive or active. I would like a pickup with high output and good tone.
agathis isnt that bad of wood. My strat copy is made of agathis and it sounds fine. It is somewhat similar to alder as far as acoustics are concerned. I would go passive for sure. Even though agathis isnt a complete ****ty wood, I wouldnt put active pups in a agathis guitar.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
Quote by freakzila85
Now i know half the people are going to tell me that agathis is crap and i should get a new guitar. However i like my guitar and will not be selling it anytime soon. I would however like to replace the pickups, but i dont know which type of pickup would respond to it the best, passive or active. I would like a pickup with high output and good tone.

What model guitar is it? It would help to know what pickups would match it too.
Also, what's your preferred musical style? What kind of "good tone" are you looking for? Is there a reason the pickup has to be high output? Details would be nice.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
well i play mostly metal but from time to time a play a bit of blues and rock. And i have an LTD EX260
I had an agathis strat with the stock single coils and replaced the humbucker with a EMG Select HB. It was a versatile bridge pickup in that guitar. haven't tried the pickup in other guitars though.
STUFFZ:
SAGA ST10, IBANEZ(s): '96 ZR140BK (korea), '96 RX20 (indonesia)
Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer BX1800A (180w 12" aluminum cone)
FOR SALE: Fender Champion 110 (25w RMS combo 10" with tank reverb)