I finished this back in October. It was my first build and I love how it turned out. From what people of said you either love it or hate it. I just love the vintage maple neck with the white.

White finish
2 piece poplar body
SX neck
GFS crunchy rail bridge pickup. This pickup ****ing screams. I love it.
fixed bridge
black GFS hardware

Sound clip! I have amny more iron maiden videos so watch them and comment/rate. thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zudzhuOoh-Y
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
looks cool tho more frets would be nice
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
^^ yeah as you can see in the second pic I am making another guitar. I am making an explorer and that will have 22 or 24 frets. I should have a thread on that tommorow.

thanks for the comment
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
Wow, awesome job, looks beautiful...

also im wearing the same shirt that your wearing in the first pic...
That is pretty badass. I'm not sure I like the headstock but nice job though.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
what'd ya use to paint it? I wanna do white myself but can't find any stuff I am comfortable with.
Quote by ESP_Shreder
what'd ya use to paint it? I wanna do white myself but can't find any stuff I am comfortable with.

all I used was a laquer(sp?) based white spray paint. Really easy to do because you dont have to do any finishing after you paint it. I think I did like 5 coats sanding between each coat untill I got it smooth.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
Quote by ESP_Shreder
where'd you get it and how many cans? nice avatar btw

http://doitbest.com/Spray+Paint-Rust+Oleum-model-3004-doitbest-sku-781559.dib

I used this stuff. It works really good. I dont really remember how many cans I went through. Either 2 or 3 if I remember correct. Just keep applying coats untill you get the finish you want.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
NIce guitar the only 2 things i would fix would be the neck of the guitar looks too plastic. and i would slap a emg in there. but thats just me nice job.
Nice job! Guitar sounds awesome, you got a very nice maiden tone out of that puppy!

bass-man
I think it would've looked better with bevels, not bad though.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Generalpwnt
I think it would've looked better with bevels, not bad though.

I agree, but since I was working out of my basement for this, I decided to just make a simple guitar for my first one. I am starting a new thread tommorow that shows a new build that is going on right now. I have have access tom my schools woodshop so it is better and I am also making the neck.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
Quote by buzzcut
I agree, but since I was working out of my basement for this, I decided to just make a simple guitar for my first one. I am starting a new thread tommorow that shows a new build that is going on right now. I have have access tom my schools woodshop so it is better and I am also making the neck.

Good luck
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
I'm not a fan of V's, but I can appreciate how good that is. I think it's really nice, and you rocked that solo! I would put in a humbucker in the bridge... thats just me though

Also, you just used the white gloss, no clearcoat?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Nice, looks simple and raw.

Good job!
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by Øttər
I'm not a fan of V's, but I can appreciate how good that is. I think it's really nice, and you rocked that solo! I would put in a humbucker in the bridge... thats just me though

His guitar does have a humbucker in the bridge. It has metal blades instead of individual pole pieces so that you don't get dead points during bends.
Damn that neck is shiny.
I don't really like the style of it but its your guitar, if you like it then hats off to you!

Derp.
looks awsome man good job, only concern is the imense amount of laquer on the fretboard, other than that it looks smooth.

edit: whats that jackson headstock i see in one of the images
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by -MintSauce-
His guitar does have a humbucker in the bridge. It has metal blades instead of individual pole pieces so that you don't hit dead points during bends.

rofl I meant neck!!!

hahahh... also, buzzcut looks like me, in a pic I ahve... I'm wearing that shirt while taking a picture of myself in a mirror lols!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by admbwr
looks awsome man good job, only concern is the imense amount of laquer on the fretboard, other than that it looks smooth.

edit: whats that jackson headstock i see in one of the images

the back of the neck is sanded down to a satin type finish so it isnt too sticky. And that is the neck I am using for my build that is going on now. Should have a thread on that up tonight!

thanks for the comments everyone!
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
I think it would look awesome with bevels, but oh well. The neck also looks a little plastic, but for a first build out of your basement it looks great
Quote by Øttər

no clearcoat. Just the paint.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
Actually now that i think about it could you make a guide on making your own guitar!
Dude, 5 months.

This thread has been dead for 5 months.

What the **** is the matter with you?

EDIT: 5 months AND A DAY.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo