Ok guys, I have another 2 questions hopfully you can help me with.

1) I want to figure out how to do the vocal effect they have in the Smashing Pumpkin's Song "Tarantula" and the Toadies song "Possum Kingdom". The effect in the first couple lines of Possum Kingdom where the vocals seem to come before he says it and fades into it almost. How would I go about doing this? It seems like a reverb or something. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Cf5OusjrQ you can see the video for it there.

2) My second question is, going for getting a good drum sound during recording. Does anybody have some good tips or tricks, like types or soundproofing, good types of rooms for recording drums or mic placement, equalization, anything.

If you want to hear how my recordings sound already you can go to my band's myspace in my sig and hear our recording quality and tell me how I can improve. I know this is a lot to ask but thanks for any help you can give me.
Sounds like a swelled Delay panned towards the R channel.
Could also be called a reverse delay i guess...

For drums get at least 8 mics, its best to mic the top and bottom of the snare IMO.
proper acoustic treatment will help the room sound if you have room mics which sound nice but it should not make much difference on the close mics such as the toms and snare. It may change the sound of the overheads...

Use a firewire interface interface so that all your mics stay on their own tracks. Then go around puttin a gate on each track so that when the pads are not hit they dont give any output. This makes a fair change in the overall mix. Use compression (multiband works best) and EQ on each mic to get the best sound.

have a look here:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=recordbetteraudio

He has a few cubase type editing videos showing how to work with drums. I learned quite a bit from those videos. I think they are a fair starting point. Tweaks guide is also another place to look.
Just had a quick listen to the song, never heard it before and I can't turn it loud because it's late, but it sounds like a reversing effect. Try cutting out a word of vocal, then inserting it before the line you want the effect to appear on, and reverse it, if that makes any sense. I can elaborate if not.
There is poetry in despair.
It's most likely another vocal track with the swell, and timed just before the main vocal part.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator