okay so just today i got a new amp the Raven RG60, no complaints from the amp its got a perfect clean and an amazing crunch on lead, but one problem im having with my pedals and my amp is with my wah pedal, i wired all my pedals to the effects loop in the back - in distortion-metal distortion-flanger-chorus-wah pedal, now when i just turn on the distortion pedal its all fine no problems, but when i turned on my wah pedal i got a really loud wah but it didnt combine with my distortion it just kind of floated over it muffleing the distortion, so i un hooked my pedals and rehooked it with the wah in front and it kinda of did better but i didnt get the tone i wanted, because as we all know when you put the wah in front it gets a different tone than when it is behind you distortion. so my question is what is wrong with my hook up is my wah not supposed to be in the effects loop, or is it just my wah
you generally wanna have the wah before the distortions, or the first thing in the line, try that... It looks like you have it near the end

Note: Having it before or after the distortions will give you 2 completely different wah sounds, not sure which is which, but one will give you the 'quack' wah and the other will give you a more subtle/softer wah.
Quote by SungWismyName
What does sustain,pickup, and humblewockey(its wrong but it sounds liek this) mean on electric guitars?
i did but i didnt get the tone i normally get seeing as i use the other setup where you put the wah behind your distortion, i cant remember waht it does differently to a tee, but i do know it give a better wah effect imo, would running the wah through the guitar in jack work better?
Last edited by F8iscruel at May 18, 2008,
Quote by F8iscruel
i did but i didnt get the tone i normally get seeing as i use the other setup where you put the wah behind your distortion, i cant remember waht it does differently to a tee, but i do know it give a better wah effect imo, would running the wah through the guitar in jack work better?

Also, wah's aren't generally friendly to effects loops/returns on an amp. Keep them in front with like tuners, and eq's and stuff.

EDIT: the only things i've ever really put into an effects send/return on an amp is my ISP Decimator (a noise gate) or maybe a Compressor/Sustainer type pedal. I found they work better there as it captures the signal to work 'with' preamp and can 'clean' it so the preamp doesn't amplify any unwanted feedback.
Quote by SungWismyName
What does sustain,pickup, and humblewockey(its wrong but it sounds liek this) mean on electric guitars?
Last edited by Lastin at May 18, 2008,
dude prolly the wah got a built in gain and it causing ur signal to get too strong when u driving it into your amp!. wat u probably shud try is lowering the volume on ur amp and see if it works or get a compressor in the mix to squash the signal a bit so u would not get such a high gain!!
Quote by F8iscruel
ok so waht your saying is plug it in where i plug in my guitar

Exactly!
Quote by SungWismyName
Quote by hellraiserharry
dude prolly the wah got a built in gain and it causing ur signal to get too strong when u driving it into your amp!. wat u probably shud try is lowering the volume on ur amp and see if it works or get a compressor in the mix to squash the signal a bit so u would not get such a high gain!!

no i know it doesnt have built in gain its the standard $70 dunlop craybaby
Quote by Lastin
Exactly!

dam that emans i need more longer cables lol and i just went to the limit with the new amps price