Page 1 of 2
But i'm not :/

So today me and my bandmates went to guitar center for a little while. There, we kinda acted stupid and stuff like we usually do. Then, we ran into my dad. I have this weird habit of smiling when i feel uncomfortable, and i started to do this when my dad appeared. So all the while, my bandmates are still being stupid.

So a little bit ago when i got home, my dad said "Gee, you guys sure were cheery earlier....I know what's going on. All that peer pressure and stuff. I was young too."
The thing is, me and my bandmates were all completely sober.
I'm not in trouble or anything, but it just feels weird having my dad think of me this way.

Any advice?
Maybe tell him what you just told us?

edit: or totally take advantage of it like the post above me said
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Have this father-son conversation over a cold beer that you and your friends ARE NOT stoner, but plain stupid.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
It's normal. My parents are 100% convinced that I'm a stoner, even though I've never even seen a joint, let alone smoked a single one.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
You know how dads can do that whole guilt thing? make you feel like the worst thing in the world?

play it back

"do you really think that of me? think I'm just some drugged out loser?"

etc. etc.

Or not, just tell him you don't do it, if he doesn't believe you, oh well, nevermind.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Go smoke a bowl
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Tell him that while you may be a serial rapeist, you understand that drugs are bad and that peer pressure is for fools
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Alright, thanks guys
I'll tell him after this monster wears off. I'm acting like I have ADD right now, so that probably convinces him even more that I'm doing drugs :/
i say take advantage of this glorious opportunity. go get high. apparently he doesn't care too much.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
If you're dad doesn't care, I recommend getting high.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Honestly, a lot of parents think what they're going to think no matter what the kid says. My parents thought I smoked pot for months and months in high school, and I had never even been around it.

So, I went to college this past year, and my roommate is a huge stoner. My parents still thought I did it anyway so I figured hey, what the ****, I'll try it.

It's awesome. I feel no addiction to it, and it's a pleasant experience when smoked to your face.

So, my advice in conclusion, smoke a ****ing joint. He's going to think you do it either way, so unless you're afraid of the law, then it doesn't matter whether you do or not.

It's no worse for you than smoking. I don't give a **** what anyone says, it's true. It's even LESS dangerous than alcohol. Ever hear of anyone dying from smoking too much weed? No, didn't think so.

So yeah, smoke up.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
Quote by PlayMadness
It's normal. My parents are 100% convinced that I'm a stoner, even though I've never even seen a joint, let alone smoked a single one.

Isnt that supposed to be the other way around?

Anywho. Go buy like 20 bucks worth of weed and smoke it. Then go tell your dad thats how you are when you're stoned.

My parents thought I was a Stonie too, but... well they probably still do...
Parents will periodically do this, I remember my parents thought I was taking speed or something one time when I got back from a friend's house in under 5 seconds.
Quote by uberphreak
Honestly, a lot of parents think what they're going to think no matter what the kid says. My parents thought I smoked pot for months and months in high school, and I had never even been around it.

So, I went to college this past year, and my roommate is a huge stoner. My parents still thought I did it anyway so I figured hey, what the ****, I'll try it.

It's awesome. I feel no addiction to it, and it's a pleasant experience when smoked to your face.

So, my advice in conclusion, smoke a ****ing joint. He's going to think you do it either way, so unless you're afraid of the law, then it doesn't matter whether you do or not.

It's no worse for you than smoking. I don't give a **** what anyone says, it's true. It's even LESS dangerous than alcohol. Ever hear of anyone dying from smoking too much weed? No, didn't think so.

So yeah, smoke up.

QFT man, QFT.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
go smoke some crack, then talk to him
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Quote by moogaar
Alright, thanks guys
I'll tell him after this monster wears off. I'm acting like I have ADD right now, so that probably convinces him even more that I'm doing drugs :/

No offence dude, but this stuff makes you sound like an arsehole. "I'm acting like I have ADD right now" . . . I mean it's hard to put into words WHY I think you sound like an ass saying this but you just do. It reminds me of a vid some UGer put up of a kid who called the vid "me being hyper". It gives the sense that you're trying to act stupid, for attention or to be funny or some ****.

Anyway, by the way your dad worded it it sounds like he's been there done that maybe? So what can he do/say?

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
your dad is basicly saying get high. get high...
Quote by BadgeMan
I think this is fitting -

e-3-------------------
b---3--3-5-3--------
g-----------------3-4
d-----------------4-5
a-----------------4-5
E-----------------2-3
Quote by moogaar
Alright, thanks guys

Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Last edited by walkinbazooka at May 18, 2008,
Quote by moogaar
But i'm not :/

So today me and my bandmates went to guitar center for a little while. There, we kinda acted stupid and stuff like we usually do. Then, we ran into my dad. I have this weird habit of smiling when i feel uncomfortable, and i started to do this when my dad appeared. So all the while, my bandmates are still being stupid.

So a little bit ago when i got home, my dad said "Gee, you guys sure were cheery earlier....I know what's going on. All that peer pressure and stuff. I was young too."
The thing is, me and my bandmates were all completely sober.
I'm not in trouble or anything, but it just feels weird having my dad think of me this way.

Any advice?

Tell him what I tell everyone else: I'm not high, I was born this way.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by uberphreak

So yeah, smoke up.

QFMFT

Almost everyones parents think they're kids smoke pot, cuz they were teenagers and did it too once. And in all honesty, it can be good for you to chill with an occasional joint.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Your dad basically just told you he's okay with you smoking weed every once in a while.

If I were you, I'd be buying some of the sticky shit right now.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
monsters really have no effect on people, as far as im concerned...

but yeah, in my town, if you have long hair and a good sense of humor, you're automatically labeled a stoner. I cant complain, its gotten me many friends just because they think im into drugs - when im really not. Lol
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Shredder Guitar
monsters really have no effect on people, as far as im concerned...

but yeah, in my town, if you have long hair and a good sense of humor, you're automatically labeled a stoner. I cant complain, its gotten me many friends just because they think im into drugs - when im really not. Lol

And what did you base this on? Oh right, nothing.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by Froddy
No offence dude, but this stuff makes you sound like an arsehole. "I'm acting like I have ADD right now" . . . I mean it's hard to put into words WHY I think you sound like an ass saying this but you just do. It reminds me of a vid some UGer put up of a kid who called the vid "me being hyper". It gives the sense that you're trying to act stupid, for attention or to be funny or some ****.

Anyway, by the way your dad worded it it sounds like he's been there done that maybe? So what can he do/say?

yeah i'm really sorry i said that, i meant no offense at all by that statement. I just meant that i'm really hyper and can't focus on anything. my eyes are going all over the place and i'm feeling dizzy. i figured that phrase would kind of convey that message.
i'm sorry to anyone with ADD or who was offended by that statement.

and yeah, my dad told me he used to smoke weed. it's just....i dunno. i just feel this weird sense of guilt, probably from the fact that my dad doesn't know me at all and just assumes things about me.

gee, that sounded really lame, but that's how i feel :/
Quote by moogaar
yeah i'm really sorry i said that, i meant no offense at all by that statement. I just meant that i'm really hyper and can't focus on anything. my eyes are going all over the place and i'm feeling dizzy. i figured that phrase would kind of convey that message.
i'm sorry to anyone with ADD or who was offended by that statement.

and yeah, my dad told me he used to smoke weed. it's just....i dunno. i just feel this weird sense of guilt, probably from the fact that my dad doesn't know me at all and just assumes things about me.

gee, that sounded really lame, but that's how i feel :/

Dude, whats wrong with you?
Smoke up with your dad!!
Thats some real father-son bonding right there.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
When he mentioned peer pressure he wasn't referring to you being high, he was referring to you acting like an idiot when you're around your friends.
Quote by Demonology
I have a better/funnier/retarded more one.

Cool...
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by PlayMadness

hahaha everybody laugh at this man.

Have you ever even been to school?

So basically you're a stoner but without the benefit of smoking weed...

bummer dude, toke up.
I read this thread as "My dad thinks I'm getting Irish". I was wondering what the problem was...

Just don't actually get high and you'll be fine.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Page 1 of 2