So, me and my dad are going to make an OD/Distortion pedal as a father/son bonding thing and I need a little help picking out the right kit. I'm willing to spend up to 100 dollars.

I'm pretty sure I'd like a kit that uses one of the 808 chips like this one: http://www.buildyourownclone.com/overdrive.html
According to the description there though, it says that its more for blues than metal, and i'll be playing mostly metal.

I play on a B-52 AT100 amp, and I love the tone I get out of it. I'm looking for something to use over my channel 2(the high gain channel) to smooth out the overdrive, and give my amp a more full sound. I'm going to be playing alot of high gain stuff, so I need something that will do that well.

This is the first time I'll have done something like this, so dumb everything down for me.

Thanks in advance.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
the 808 is usually used in conjunction with a distortion channel to tighten up the sound more than for the high gain.
I'll be using the amp mostly for the distortion. I'm just trying to smooth things out and make my sound more full.

But what I play is mostly metal/hardcore.
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by The Charm at May 18, 2008,
I would also have pointed you to http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/

but it looks like you've already ordered, but that looks like a solid pedal, hope it turns out well
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Oh, I haven't ordered yet. I'll order tomorrow or the day after.

I was looking at generalguitargadgets, but wasn't quite sure which one to get. I'd prefer to order from there because:

A:Thier kits are cheaper
B:In the same state as me so cheap/free shipping hopefully
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa
I've always wanted to do something like that with my dad. Hope it goes well for ya.

edit: I just remembered, we're gonna restore his old Bolens tractor. Anyone know a place to get parts? We need to rebuild the engine... (sorry if threadjacking).
Last edited by Invader Jim at May 18, 2008,
Quote by Invader Jim
I've always wanted to do something like that with my dad. Hope it goes well for ya.

edit: I just remembered, we're gonna restore his old Bolens tractor. Anyone know a place to get parts? We need to rebuild the engine... (sorry if threadjacking).

THREADJACKER!

Kidding kidding. Besides I'm not too concerned because I don't think anyone on these forums is going to know where to buy tractor parts o.O
The B-52 Bombers Group!

Quote by nashawa