im getting ready to build a tele , & i was wondering which is the best bridge those old brass 3 saddle or a modern 6 individual saddles
seymour duncan likes the 3 saddle. i don't know if that means anything. 6 saddle is good for me and easier to adjust, but not too much easier.
_______
|||||||||||||||
How do you adjust the intonation correctly with a 3 saddle bridge? I mean if one string is out and you move the saddle, would the string next to it be set wrong even if it wasnt before?
Sorry for the hijack, thinking of starting a tele too and wondered how the 3 saddle bridges worked.

Have to agree though, the 3 saddles look nicer, always looked too busy to me when they have 6.
Just call me Mr Sambo.....

Check out my profile for my covers!
Quote by Aggrivated

3 saddles have a vintage vibe.

yeah, i'd go for the vintage. but mine already has the 6, and teles tend to look pretty vintage anyway.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by grooveytigerrr
How do you adjust the intonation correctly with a 3 saddle bridge? I mean if one string is out and you move the saddle, would the string next to it be set wrong even if it wasnt before?
Sorry for the hijack, thinking of starting a tele too and wondered how the 3 saddle bridges worked.

Have to agree though, the 3 saddles look nicer, always looked too busy to me when they have 6.

that picture isn't the 3-saddle i've seen, but on the other one, the saddle itself pivoted so they weren't all parallel, but kinda just shooting off everywhere. still looked pretty cool though.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by copperhead
im getting ready to build a tele , & i was wondering which is the best bridge those old brass 3 saddle or a modern 6 individual saddles
Quote by grooveytigerrr

Callaham Enhanced Vintage Compensated Saddles/Bridge

Hmm I know it DOES work, but i still cant get my head around HOW. I mean if one string is perfectly intonated, moving the saddle would HAVE to cause that one string to be the wrong length again even if it not parallel cuz theyre both attached to the same saddle head.
I guess its one of those things you cant question lol

EDIT: Thanks Ippon, reading it as I type lol
Just call me Mr Sambo.....

Check out my profile for my covers!
Last edited by grooveytigerrr at May 18, 2008,
you can get 6 brass individuals
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000