Hey. I recently decided to get serious, and learn theory, and technique, and the right way to practice and stuff. One problem is that I don't know if i have rhythm, and I don't know how to find out really. And how do I build rhythm? Just practice stuff on a metronome? What do I practice on a metronome? Just scales, or riffs and stuff that I learn? Do I need to use it all of the time? (Wow, that seemed like alot more questions than I planned on.) Thanks.
rhythm is how close you are to the natural beat, that is how close you are to the "ideal beat" so if your playing in four four a good rhythm would land on the stress's
i enjoy head
sure pactice with the metronme, it will help you keep time and after a while you'll subcounciously have better timeing(you'll be able to feel how long measures are without counting)

as for practice you should play simple chord progressions or even muted chords to play with different struming rythums. and use both down and up strokes whenever possible(its another way to count, V ^=2 beats)

just foucus on your right hand for a while, dont sweat freting anything really.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Practice off-beat patterns and complex rhythm sequences if you want to progress in rhythm. There's a lot you should practice in rhythm which will expand your playing.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic