Im trying to fing a good pedal for a heavy metal tone like Lamb of God or Job for a cowboy type sound and was thinking about the electro harmonix metal muff pedal would this be good or would other pedals be better and if so which ones?
Right now Im using a Jackson RR3 and playing through a Line 6 Spider 3 120 watt
Don't pedal up on a Spider III. If you're gonna use it, take the the time to tweak it out. I can't imagine how much more tone sterile a SIII would sound with OD pedals in front of it though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
ugh, spiders.

sorry.

um anyway. I don't have any experience with the spider, or line 6 for that matter, but as a modeling amp, you should probably be able to dial in close to any sound you want, albeit terrible and fake tone.

but if you ever move on to something with tubes, and tone, here's my metal muff advice. it's a bit fuzzy for the metalcore style bands you listed. it's got TONS of distortion from the reviews i've seen, but it's not for the choppy, tight distortion involved with this current branch of metal music. boss recently released a metalcore pedal, which sounds pretty cheesy, but i've not tried it. it might be just the thing for the tight sounds.

getting a good amp with tight distortion might be a good idea for you down the road, like a peavey 5150/6505 or something similar. until then, i don't really know how well a pedal is going to react with an amp that has so many (digital) options.
_______
|||||||||||||||
i've tried but i cant get the sound im looking for so i was thinking about selling it and buying something better
Quote by E.J.R.16
i've tried but i cant get the sound im looking for so i was thinking about selling it and buying something better

Go for it. I don't bag on the SIII's like some do, but at the same time, it is what it is. And if you can't get the tone you want out of it, it's outlived it's usefulness. Sounds like it's time for an upgrade for you.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by E.J.R.16

oh man, best news i've heard all day.

if you get a used 5150, like everyone (including me) on this board suggests, you probably won't be let down. Those things wrote the book on this style in the early nineties and their legacy for that type of music lives on in the 6505. but chances are if you're on a spider budget (sorry, i really don't hate on them that much, it's just what i'm trying to say), you might not be able to pick up a brand new peavey. but used 5150s are readily available on eBay and in most used gear stores.

sorry i haven't given you many options, but i'm not so much into that style of music anymore.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Thanks for the suggestions they gave me a good idea of what to look for thanks again