Today I was due for a worship band review session after all the trialling and practice gigs I've been doing.

I was told by my bandleader to bring an amp and before the main band practice we would practice some of the songs I'd been given to practice.

Anyway I get to church and practice the review songs. Because the set-up team were late in setting up the PA system we started and finished a lot later than usual. It was at this point that I realised that I was going to be doing the service and that there wasn't going to be another bassist.

So a 10min session turned into 3hrs of practicing/playing and hopefully I'll be on rota soon!
Dude I Just Read Your Thread On Talkbass!!!!! Hi
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by KetchupLad14
I'm kind of confused.

What other bassist?

I thought that I'd just be doing a few practice songs with the bandleader and that another bassist was already booked for the service.
Nice one Rick. It sure must have been great for you Rick. I like surprises Rick, do you like surprises Rick? I'm a little surprised that you'd still be going to church Rick as "the leppards" are huge Rick, surely you've like MET Satan Rick, am I right or am I right Rick?
Quote by lolcats
Take you and your churchness elsewhere hippy.

Congrats though, I suppose.

Ease up you immature punk, he isn't preaching so take your inconsiderate ass and go back to where you came from. Kid's now a days, good lord.
Quote by lolcats

you sir are a f*cking douchebag. why the arrogance?

congrads by the way I used to play in a praise band too
Quote by BadgeMan
I think this is fitting -

e-3-------------------
b---3--3-5-3--------
g-----------------3-4
d-----------------4-5
a-----------------4-5
E-----------------2-3
Last edited by wilson 595 at May 18, 2008,
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Nice one Rick. It sure must have been great for you Rick. I like surprises Rick, do you like surprises Rick? I'm a little surprised that you'd still be going to church Rick as "the leppards" are huge Rick, surely you've like MET Satan Rick, am I right or am I right Rick?

I dont know why but I'm laughing my ass off. You made my night Les Paul.
Quote by Les Paul Ell

I don't get it....what's the joke?
Quote by The_Paranoia
I dont know why but I'm laughing my ass off. You made my night Les Paul.

I did it just for you babez.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I don't get it....what's the joke?

COUGH Rick Allen?! Hast thou no sense of humour?!
Quote by lolcats

Contradictory much?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.