Page 1 of 2
alright guys im liking more and more punk/crossover in recent times, and me being the thrasher i am i like the punk stuff more faster and angrier then a lot of stuff. i.e. comparing Suicidal Tendencies to The Ramones.

any suggestions? some of the punk(ish) stuff i like now would be D.R.I, No-Cash, Leftover Crack, Choking Victim, Pennywise, Suicidal Tendencies, Municipal Waste, old AFI, stuff like that.
'80s hardcore stuff sounds like the best genre for you,you might like some anarcho and maybe crust(I personally don't like it). Check out some Minor Threat, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Adolescents, Descendents(check out Milo Goes To College), Subhumans, MDC, Bad Brains(weird listing them next to MDC lol), JFA, The Germs, Fang, and a lot more. I'm not really the person to answer this, a lot of people here like heavier music than me and probably know a lot more bands.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Aus Rotten, Behind Enemy Lines, uh... all that other crust and grindcore crustyreed and devourthekitten always talk about. Also, all the stuff StreetLight listed. I wouldn't advise listening to The Casualties, but that's just me.
I would stay away from The Casualties and The Unseen unless you want horrible street punk with horrible lyrics about saying punx, fucking, drinking 40s, vandalizing things, anarchy(without knowing a thing about it), chaos, and looking like metallic peacocks. Street punk is the worst form of punk, that's just my view of course.
Yeah, you'd probably like a lot of the 80s hardcore stuff, since early Suicidal Tendencies and DRI were associated with that scene.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
check out rager, their singer actually moved from chicago to virginia cause she's MW's singers girlfriend

do you like black metal or doom metal?
Unit 21

/thread
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by StreetLight3989
I would stay away from The Casualties and The Unseen unless you want horrible street punk with horrible lyrics about saying punx, fucking, drinking 40s, vandalizing things, anarchy(without knowing a thing about it), chaos, and looking like metallic peacocks. Street punk is the worst form of punk, that's just my view of course.

uh... the unseen dont sing about those stuff, at least not anymore.

suicidal tendencies are your best bet
try crust.... Hellbastard, Deviated Instinct, Absurd Attitude, Kaaos should float your boat
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by SuperBlob
yeahyeah! Is it just me, or have you been...missing lately?

That, and he just made an excellent suggestion.
Quote by StreetLight3989

Hey don't hate on street punk. GBH are pretty awesome, same with U.K. Subs, Cocksparrer, and the 4-skins

Don't hate, appreciate.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
yeah, COC are great, and I agree with everything Streetlight said, not Streetlight7, who stole my little Mattie's username, but the other one.
Quote by SuperBlob
yeahyeah! Is it just me, or have you been...missing lately?

It's just you

>_>

<_<

But not really
I've just been super busy with work and school lately
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah
It's just you

>_>

<_<

But not really
I've just been super busy with work and school lately

I missed you
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Last edited by SuperBlob at May 19, 2008,
oh... er....

*insert awkward back pat/man hug*
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by misfitsdisciple
Hey don't hate on street punk. GBH are pretty awesome, same with U.K. Subs, Cocksparrer, and the 4-skins

Don't hate, appreciate.

Street punk's just not for me.
These wonderful folks played in my friends' basement last night:

http://www.myspace.com/massgrave

I got somewhat intoxicated and felt the need to tell them that they're all very tall.

Also check out Wolfbrigade, Inepsy, Tragedy, and a bunch of others in the same vein...
Dystopia
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Brutal Truth, Caustic Christ, Chainsaw To The Face, DRI, Dropdead, Dystopia, Internal Affairs, Magrudergrind, Noothgrush, SFN, Toxic Narcotic, Hummingbird Of Death, Weekend Nachos. Just some.
Quote by recklessnick
a global threat, the unseen.

not every street punk band is the casualties ya know

Yeah, and I don't like any of those bands. All the annoying super badass "punk kids" in my school listen to those bands and NOFX, they're really annoying.
Cheap Sex, D.O.A, D.R.I, The Exploited (if you insist on being ridiculous), Gang Green, Gorilla Biscuits, MDC, Minor Threat, No Cash, Reagan Youth.

hope that helped.
Suicidal Tendencies, at least the more recent stuff gets solo-ish.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Check out the power violence thread here and in the hardcore forum.
last.fm[/url}
the exploited, you can't go far more "trasher" from there without talent
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by Punkismygod
the exploited, you can't go far more "trasher" from there without talent

You can get much thrasher than the exploited, and also less crappy.

Plus the exploited are only "talented" in the field of being douchebags.
Page 1 of 2