Page 1 of 2
Very good band, Tim Aymar is a great vocalist.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Well, of course, but his playing was a bit more technical on this because he wasn't singing too.

I liked that.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I absolutely love 'Consumed' from them, amazing song and the rest of 'The Fragile Art of Existence' is excellent as well.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Chuck touched it, which means its awesome.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Quote by Terror Kovenant

This.

Multiplied by about the speed of light.

Quote by eggsandham2
they're good, but i came into them expecting Death and was somewhat disappointed. good, but not great.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I loved the entire CD they released. I thought it was awesome as Hell. Lots of people complain about it though, because they don't realize that it's something completely different from Death.
Quote by The Evil Hat
they're good, but i came into them expecting Death and was somewhat disappointed. good, but not great.

Quote by Terror Kovenant

ahem.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

I had no clue Chuck was in this band. just kidding I like pretty much anything Chuck affiliated, and I like me some power metal as well, however overall I gotta say Death> Control Denied. Favorite song is Expect the Unexpected
Obviously not as good as Death, but still great band. I don't see the point of this band as they are pretty much Death without the vocals
Big fat meh from me.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Terror Kovenant

Once again Terror Kovenant states what we all know, but are too ashamed or afraid to admit.

And yes Control Denied is awesome, makes me realize Chuck's more thrashy prog metal side. and DiGiorgio & Hamm are awesome on this as well.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by 666metalmark
Death is better, though.

Thats like saying "orgasms are fun". Its already implicitly stated in either the words "Death" or "Schuldiner" and various other related ones.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

breaking the broken was the first thing i learned when i got my bass
great stuff, unfortunantly the second album will probably never be released
My sig is better than yours
Quote by Stranglehold
Big fat meh from me.

QFT!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by punk_metal
Obviously not as good as Death, but still great band. I don't see the point of this band as they are pretty much Death without the vocals

Chuck wanted to originally have a band with clean vocals instead of the vocals he used with Death.
He was just to afraid to change to cleans since he believed the fans would reject it because they were used to his death vox.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I myself like both.

as I'm a fan of prog and power...

And death metal, so they're even to meh.

Quote by eggsandham2
This thread deserves a bump. I finally managed to get a decent download as it's near impossible to find a hard copy of their one CD. I find it really amazing. The vocals aren't half bad and the guitar is a bit more technical than most of what Chuck did in Death. All in All, I really enjoyed listening through the whole thing in one sitting. I really didn't expect much less from Chuck. Such a shame his life was cut so short. No doubt he would've kept putting out quality albums.
Quote by destroy_techno
AWESOME band

Not as good as Death though, but what is?

I actually found it a bit more enjoyable than a few Death albums. Will never top Human or The Sound of Perseverance though.
Necromancy activate.

Anyways, what's everyone's opinion on the idea of releasing the already recorded CD tracks, you know the idea that's been floating around for almost 6 years.

Quote by eggsandham2
Agreed. TFAOE wasn't enough for me

Then again, Chuck (admittedly) started to make some "wut?" worthy lyrics and titles.

Quote by eggsandham2
i got a numbered, limited copy of the album at a local record store...limited to 2000. as it's my first limited release, i wrapped it in bubble wrap and put it somewhere safe.

my only problem is now i need to buy the album again
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Necromancy activate.

Anyways, what's everyone's opinion on the idea of releasing the already recorded CD tracks, you know the idea that's been floating around for almost 6 years.

Is all of Chuck's stuff done? If so everyone else should finish up their parts and release it
"God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the FUCK, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?"-The Dude
It's all done, all the parts, but Chuck's mother doesn't want it released.

Quote by eggsandham2
^^I though record label problems were what was preventing it from being released?
"God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the FUCK, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?"-The Dude
Well, that's probably another reason, but that Chuck's mother forbid it was the big whammy.

Quote by eggsandham2
^^I wonder if (assuming he's still alive) Chuck's dad has a say in any of his material being released
I believe Chuck's dad says nothing when it comes to his music.

Quote by eggsandham2
Wow, that sucks. For some reason I can't get What if? and Believe out of my head lol.
But yes, CD were awesome. It's such a shame that both it and Chuch couldn't have continued.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Nothing,because I wouldn't pay to have a childhood fear strip for me,no matter what sick variation of the clown car routine they come up with.

Taste the Meat, Not the Heat.
LISTEN TO DEVIN TOWNSEND!
Page 1 of 2