As deceiving as the title is, I don't think I am going to build the actual board until I get a few more of the pedals I would like. But I would just like some opinions on what I'm getting (most likely in this order because I just started working job #1 out of 2):

Mesa F-50 footswtich (already have)
Planet Waves Tuner (already have)
EHX Small Clone (already have)
MXR 6 Band EQ
MXR Super Comp
TC Electronics Nova Delay
Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume pedal (on the fence about this one)

Now I am not sure if I want to get the delay or the decimator first, but I guess that will all depend on how much noise I will get from these pedals now won't it? As for powering I think I am going to get the Godlyke P-A 9 Powerall. And if there is any spare cash left over (probably not, damn gas prices and damn price of college books) I might throw the MXR 6 band in there.

Kind of a wall of text, but I would just like to get UG's opinion and what not. Oh, and I will probably be building the actual board itself too. Maybe built right into an old suitcase for easy transport (size permitting).

**EDIT** Revamped List.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Last edited by LaidBack at May 19, 2008,
get a new guitar first??
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Quote by freakypop
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Care to elaborate?

Quote by bite_the_bullet
get a new guitar first??

I was thinking about that, but my Evo (basically a Les Paul copy) sounds great and plays great. I say don't fix what ain't broke. I am focusing mainly on my sound right now, but no worries, I got a guitar lined up as well; Schecter C-1+.

Anyone else?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Personally, I'd go with an EQ pedal instead of the Sonic Maximizer. It's far more useful and can get pretty much the same results, if not better.

Either that or I'd just scrap all the effects and decimator and get a G-Major.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks for the input MatrixClaw, but I am not a big fan of multiFX.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The G-Major isn't a "multi-fx" as most people think of them. It has VERY good effects on it and most people would be hard pressed to find a better single pedal, for as much as the entire unit costs. I'm actually seriously considering just selling all my pedals and getting one to mount in the rack with my Mark IV cause it won't take up as much space and the effects are definitely on-par with the singles I have, plus if you get a midi-controller, you can pretty much make your amp into more than just 2 channels.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I hate what the sonic maximizer does to a nice tube amp. It just... ruins the flavor. It does, however,work wonders with muddy solid states, but thats not what you have. I'd replace it with either an EQ or changing that Nova Delay to a T. Rex Replica.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Wow. Nice choices. I agree with Matrix Claw about the Sonic Maximizer though. Check out Tone Jam effects modded GE-7. The Nova Delay is awesome. I really want one to go with my DMM.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Hm, I don't know. I am sure a rack mounted G major would be just as good if not better, but I don't get to play my Mesa for half the year, because I sure as hell ain't bringing it to a college dorm. Can you say beer everywhere? Yea...lol. Plus I am more of a simple/straight forward kinda guy. I like having two channels. Call me crazy lol. ANYWAY I have been debating back and forth about the Sonic Stomp and the MXR 6 band for a while...and still cannot decide.

DAMMIT! I knew once I asked UG I would be second guessing myself. Now here I am, second guessing myself. But yea...so the main argument is between the SS and an EQ. Along with MatrixClaw's very compelling argument for the G Major (but I think I am just going to stick with the seperate pedals man, haha, personal preference .)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Now here I am, second guessing myself. But yea...so the main argument is between the SS and an EQ. Along with MatrixClaw's very compelling argument for the G Major (but I think I am just going to stick with the seperate pedals man, haha, personal preference .)

Yeah, I'd recommend you get the EQ instead, you can shape your tone a lot better and I'd be willing to bet if you had an EQ and turned on the maximizer, you couldn't hear the difference.

NP man, the G-Major is a really cool unit, but not for everyone
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
One more thing Matrix, I see you have a BTBAM avatar. Guess whose playing with Dream Theater and Opeth in New York on Wednesday and Thursday? Guess who has tickets to see them on Thursday? W00t!!!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
One more thing Matrix, I see you have a BTBAM avatar. Guess whose playing with Dream Theater and Opeth in New York on Wednesday and Thursday? Guess who has tickets to see them on Thursday? W00t!!!

Haha yeah that concert should be amazing. They didn't even come here, wtf?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Personally, I'd go with an EQ pedal instead of the Sonic Maximizer. It's far more useful and can get pretty much the same results, if not better.

This I like.

Put some fresh pups and pots in your EVO. I like those guitars.

I think the ISP in unecssary, with good cables, a shileded guitar, and potted pickups. But taking care of all that is more complicated than just ploping down the $120, so it's your call.

Idle curiosity, why do you want a volume pedal? It's really just a volume pot connected to a rocking footswitch.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Haha yeah that concert should be amazing. They didn't even come here, wtf?

Yea man, indeed it will be amazing. And sorry to hear they didn't play by you.

Quote by the.spine.surfs
This I like.

Put some fresh pups and pots in your EVO. I like those guitars.

I think the ISP in unecssary, with good cables, a shileded guitar, and potted pickups. But taking care of all that is more complicated than just ploping down the $120, so it's your call.

Idle curiosity, why do you want a volume pedal? It's really just a volume pot connected to a rocking footswitch.

I was actually thinking about the Pups and pots, since the guitar does play quite nice for it being a Dean. And you are probably right about the ISP. While one may be useful, I never get feedback, so for my situation, it might be unnecessary. As for the volume pedal, I like doing swells, but one of the main reasons is the "tuner out" line it has. Hmm...now you got me double guessing again spine. What does anyone else have to say? I'm going to drop the Sonic Stomp and grab an EQ, what about the volume pedal....?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack

**** you. I'm not allowed to go. I'm going to be such a dick to everyone all week because of it.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
**** you. I'm not allowed to go. I'm going to be such a dick to everyone all week because of it.

Oh man dude! Sorry to hear that...but hey, look at it this way, I'm still going!!!

sorry man, I couldn't resist....I'm an ass. Just got off a 8 hour shift installing trim and crown molding at DeVry. But for real, that sucks....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
def do the nova delay man, that thing rocks, i've got one in my board....Ibanez SM9 - morely bad horsie - electro harmonix octave multiplexer - Ibanez sd9 - Line 6 FM4 then in the FX loop i've got the nova delay and (soon!) a red witch deluxe moon phaser and if i can get my hands on one, a dunlop ts-1 (i let one go on trademe for $200 NZD, what a dumbass) or failing that some other trem, maybe another red witch

Regarding G-major....yeah it's sweet...but i'd go pedals till you're more familiar with effects, you'll have to program all your sounds in individually, and while it may be really useful once you know what you want exactly, you don't sound like you're there yet
Gats:
Fender US Vintage 70's Strat, Modded Epi LP, Ibanez RBM-1
Amp:
Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20
Pedals:
Catalinbread Semaphore, Red WitchPhaser, Line 6 FM-4, Ibanez SM-9, Ibanez SD-9, Morely Bad Horsie, TC Electronic Nova Delay
I wouldnt say I'm not there yet, but I just dont have the time during most of the year to mess with it, since I leave my Mesa at home while I'm an hour and away at school but yea....idk. im just rambling now.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals