Dark/Extreme Progressive Metal, and fucking great if you ask me. Epic too.

http://www.myspace.com/avectristesse

I scared to say anything extreme (seeing as how I just discovered them) but this band could easily become one of my favorites. Just read this line from their myspace page.

"Fans of My Dying Bride, Anathema, Katatonia and Opeth usually appreciate their music."

Mmmm.

Thoughts?
Seems worth a listen, Porcupine Tree, Jeff Buckley, Nevermore and Muse are on the Top Friends. I love their influences. Opinion in a bit...

Listening to a view of the end right now, I like it! The vocals kinda remind me of Arcturus, good stuff.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at May 18, 2008,
Cool, this is good. If I had to use one word to describe the first song, it would be bright.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Last edited by d. b. cooper at May 18, 2008,
bump
i just remembered these guys
the riffage really reminds me of Opeth, but it can also be really dark and black metalish
Thanks, if you didn't make the thread, and for him to bump it..I would've never found this astounding band.
There is undeniable beauty in this music, I think I could see myself falling for this band as well.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
french names ftw!
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by Mudvayne_4_Life
I... I think I'm falling... for this band.

But...you...posted the thread

Great fucking band, as well.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory