Hey everyone, im looking to buy a guitar, and so i thought id ask people which one i should choose. It will be my first guitar and i dont have any previous experience playing one. so, i ask you, which guitar is good for a beginner and is not too expensive?

EDIT: thanks for all the input guys. guess i should say that im also looking for and amp. my price range is under $500 for a guitar and amp. As for the type of music i wanna play? anything that im in the mood for is what i like. mostly all rock types. none of that country blue grass crap tho.
Last edited by tyhig22 at May 18, 2008,
Firstly, what kind of music do you want to play? And how much are you willing to spend?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by tyhig22
Hey everyone, im looking to buy a guitar, and so i thought id ask people which one i should choose. It will be my first guitar and i dont have any previous experience playing one. so, i ask you, which guitar is good for a beginner and is not too expensive?

If you are just begining you should check out guitar center.com they have many local places and you should go to the one closest to you and check em out. it is awesome because you can play them there. and all the employees are very helpfull.
If you're cheap, I'd go for a Squire Strat. It's pretty decent as a starter for most kinds of music and it's bout $150-$200
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
ok...if you want to just play rock and roll, go with a nice fender squire.
it's just as good as a strat.
if you are into metal stuff, go with an ibanez or a dean.
you can buy a dean vendetta for 120$ at guitar center. i have both a squire and dean vendetta...and they are both great(squire is way way better though)
Quote by thrasherboy

If you are just begining you should check out guitar center.com they have many local places and you should go to the one closest to you and check em out. it is awesome because you can play them there. and all the employees are very helpfull.

actually, if you don't know how to play, then what good will it do? GC employees will just try to take advantage of your ignorance. If buy in a store. bring a friend who plays guitar to help.

If want suggestions from us, give us a price range and tell us what music you like.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by Bucketheadroolz
ok...if you want to just play rock and roll, go with a nice fender squire.
it's just as good as a strat.

Are you serious?
The first guitar i've had was a "Texas" stratocaster and it didn't disappoint me. I now have a Peavey Wolfgang and I still think the texas was a pretty good guitar, the action was a little high but I got that fixed.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
actually, if you don't know how to play, then what good will it do? GC employees will just try to take advantage of your ignorance. If buy in a store. bring a friend who plays guitar to help.

If want suggestions from us, give us a price range and tell us what music you like.

Hey man if you have any more quistions send me a message. but i walked out of guitar center.com with a epiphone les paul JR. a 15 amp 150$ amp that hase like 5 or 6 different peddals or sounds , a case that is top of the line, strap, guitar stand, a nickelback tab book "on my favorites" and a top of the line guitar chord "to go from the guitar to the amp" for about 400$$ the guitar is an awesome guitar.... the only downgrade on it is that it only has one pickup... "humbucker"

Thrasherboy
Last edited by thrasherboy at May 20, 2008,