I've been trying to find out what kind of gear the guys from Four Year Strong use, but no luck. The best way I can describe it is a heavy sounding guitar with a pop punk flair. They can do breakdowns and still sound happy at the same time. I've tried out EMGs and that's definitely not it.

also, it might just take a lot of messing around with the EQ.

thoughts?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Quote by SlappyMcLardfat
I've been trying to find out what kind of gear the guys from Four Year Strong use, but no luck. The best way I can describe it is a heavy sounding guitar with a pop punk flair. They can do breakdowns and still sound happy at the same time. I've tried out EMGs and that's definitely not it.

also, it might just take a lot of messing around with the EQ.

thoughts?

They use Gibson SGs just like every single post-hardcore band ever. SGs are known for their bright, trebly tone.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
You Gotta Be A N I G G E R To F U C K With N I G G E R S . So You N I G G E R S Go Take Care Of Each Other In Your Way And You Can Either Kill Me And My Kind Or You Can Leave Us The F U C K Alone .
Ps. It Dont F U C K I N G Matter To Me Which Way You Choose To Treat Me And My Kind. This N I G G E R World Is Your Creation And I Dont Give A F U C K About You Because I Am Not A N I G G E R And Even If You Did N I G G E R Up My Body And Destroy My Heart And Soul I Still Know Better Than To F U C K With You N I G G E R S.
Quote by SLOPPY, L AND R
Ps. It Dont F U C K I N G Matter To Me Which Way You Choose To Treat Me And My Kind. This N I G G E R World Is Your Creation And I Dont Give A F U C K About You Because I Am Not A N I G G E R And Even If You Did N I G G E R Up My Body And Destroy My Heart And Soul I Still Know Better Than To F U C K With You N I G G E R S.

Someone's having fun. Get out of here, you tosser. Go to 4chan or something.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Haha, I literally know that band.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
There main guitarist uses a Les Paul and the other guy uses an SG. Standard pickups. It's all in there amps man. I know they both use oranges live.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com