ok so this weekendim finally getting my beloved 5150 II, buti need a cab. i will be doing anything from alternatrive to deathmetal.
somthing cheap but good sounding. maybe a 2X12?
but i nneed to know some good, cheap cabs.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Vader or Avatar.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
what about the peavey windsor cab?
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Peavey Speakers = Crap (imo).

Get an Avatar 2x12.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Peavey Speakers = Crap (imo).

Get an Avatar 2x12.

+1
Avatar is certainly the best "bang for the buck" (and is a surprisingly good "bang" regardless of the "buck" to be perfectly honest). The traditional cabs are excellent, but the contemporary cabs are generally better suited toward higher gain amps.

Don't rule out other options though. Vader uses Eminence Legend V12 speakers (my personal favorite speaker for any type of heavy distortion) which are no longer an available option from Avatar. Vader also has quite a reputation for having a ridiculously tight low end. Personally the only things I don't like about the Vader 2x12 is it's very short and (in my opinion) very ugly.

Genz Benz makes the G-Flex which still has a rather tight low end and pushes a lot more of the low and low-mid frequencies into the mix than any other cab I've played through. It's also tall for a 2x12 which makes it easier to make amp adjustments.

The Avatar and Vader cabs are quite reasonably priced new and the G-Flex is in the same price range when shopping used.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM