Ok, so I recently realized I needed to have better action on my ibanez iceman, ic400 model, it's got a set neck and a les paul style bridge. I'm using dean markley strings, 10-52 set, and I play in drop c with my band. Now I know a decent amount about setting up a guitar, so I turned the truss rod a tad to take some of the bow out of the neck and raise the tension, and lowered the action, and it's reasonably better.

Now, I'm just trying to get better string tension, because I prefer it that way, and I can get the action lower. I'm not exactly sure if I can get it tighter, because I can't straighten the neck any more.

So, anybody know a way to raise the tension without changing my tuning?
The gods you worship are Steel
At the altar of Rock N Roll you kneel
A slave who forever Rocks
Is chained in the Devil's locks
AND SLAIN BY THE BLOODY AXE I WHAIL!
^yup. Scale length and string gauge determine tension. Changing the scale length is impossible so all you can do is increase string gauge.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Get some single 56 strings for low C. If you want heavier all around tension there is a 11-54 set that I like.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^yup. Scale length and string gauge determine tension. Changing the scale length is impossible so all you can do is increase string gauge.

+1

there's no other way to physically do it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I think I'll try to go for a higher string gauge on the thick strings, I can't solo on a .011 e string. That should work since I need higher tension on the low e and a strings.
The gods you worship are Steel
At the altar of Rock N Roll you kneel
A slave who forever Rocks
Is chained in the Devil's locks
AND SLAIN BY THE BLOODY AXE I WHAIL!
A lot of companies make heavy bottoms/light top sets of strings that have the wound strings heavy, and the plain strings light.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club