basically i really want a pedal that can give good long lasting notes with that atmospheric touch, altho i realize part of that is the way u play.

im looking to reach the sound styles the likes of say...bloc party or coldplay. i also love rhcp, altho i bet lots of delay pedals will fill that role easily (i know frusciante uses the line 6 fm 4)

i dont necessarily need one that loops but it wud be a cool feature to have, ive looked into some pedals online like boss's dd-20 but pedals like that will just confuse me to death.

any suggestions are appreciated, i think my price range wud be somewhere like $150 or lower...unless theres a pedal soooo worth it thats a little more.
Line 6 DL-4 is awesome. You can talk them down to about $200 on it, the extra $50 is worth it IMO.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I don't have a delay pedal but have done a ton of research. The Boss DD-6 is probably your best choice as it has a max of 5.2 second delay time (and 5.2 seconds loop). I'm pretty sure it was $185 at Long & McQuade which is a bit more than you wanted, but definately worth the $135 DD-3 (0.8 second delay, no loop)
And for the "atmospheric touch," the DD-6 has the reverse feature which is all trippy and stuff.
Another possiblity is the Line-6 EchoPark which has some fluttery stuff. There's some helpful demos on youtube if you're interested in either.
Good luck!
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
^^acualy i was able to get mine for around 150 new. just got to know the people. if they know you better than most customers they will usualy knock the price down even more.
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
^^acualy i was able to get mine for around 150 new. just got to know the people. if they know you better than most customers they will usualy knock the price down even more.

kool deal.

i was wondering about those line 6's as well tho, but now at least i know not to settle with a DD-3, so that def narrows things down somewhat.

does anyone recommend the fm4 over the dl4? i think the main difference is modulation, which im not huge on actually.