My cousin is planning to buy a new guitar and amp and he wants a tube amp. He hardly plays guitar but now he is getting back into it so he isnt...great. Anyway, what kind of amp would you recommend for someone who plans on playing hard rock and some metal but nothing like brutal..or whatever. He listens to bands such as blink 182, Weezer, Ratm, Muse, anti flag, nirvana, foo fighters and stuff like that.

He also needs a new guitar, im guessing since he is mostly into hard rock that he would want something with humbuckers.

I dont know his budget because he says he is getting it for graduation and doesnt know how much money he can use so...nothing overly expensive just average stuff.

i was thinking of an epi les paul and a peavy valveking but what do you guys recommend?

EDIT: also if you can find a cheaper amp with tube that would help alottt.
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Last edited by Tarts42 at May 18, 2008,
for those bands a B52 would do really good that or a valveking.

a LP would be ok also
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Think an ibanez might be fine too, not the ones with EMGs but you know those $400 ones. I doubt a strat would be good for what he is looking for.
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal