There are a ton of "omg help me get rid of acne" threads so i figured i would share my newfound cure for (my) acne, because acne is, lets face it, just really really ****ty. my acne is NOT really bad, so i imagine more extreme cases require more, ect, ect. My theory is all these ****ty "cures" they sell to you on tv and elsewhere are just money making enterprises to keep you buying their ****, and so im making an effort to bring truth to the masses of UG teenagers.

things that never worked for me:

anything i bought in the store, all bull**** that did nothing
doctor proscribed stuff (maybe i didnt use it for long enough)
soap, frequent face scrubbing.

what finally worked for me:

The main thing is: drink a LOT of water. I went on a trip to spain for a week, and, for some inexplicable reason, i had no acne all week. I realized later that this was because i was constantly drinking water so as to avoid bad effects of jet lag.

So now i basically carry a water bottle around a lot and drink WATER instead of other drinks with meals. And this is the cool thing - i didnt have to wait 2 months or any of that crap, it starts working DAYS later. Obviously another important component of this is eating well - not to much junk food - but this is something ive done forever so i didnt have to change.

For existing acne and as a general face cleanser (dont use soap) mix normal, over the counter baking soda with a little water to create a paste, then spread it over your face, messaging lightly, and leave it there until it dries. Itll sting a little and make your skin dry, but it REALLY kills pimples and makes your skin pretty nice.

So thats it, i hope it works for other people, cause its a good feeling not to have to worry about acne. i understand that some have it worse than others, so i think the prescription drug route is probably needed in some cases.
You could wear a ski mask all day. That works too AND you get to look badass, or a terrorist. Whatever you want.
On the big ones, before you goto bed put a dab of toothpaste on them and overnight itll dry them out.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
The reason you didn't get any acne in France is because they don't have the shit processed food we have here in America.

edit: should say Spain, not France...
Last edited by FireandFlames at May 19, 2008,
I always just cut off any pimples I had with a hatchet.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
I noticed water helps, but I find it hard to constantly drink water...

there was one week where I drank like 2-3 liters every days, and my acne almost vanished.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
If you're a guy, grow a beard.

If you're a girl.....you're just screwed.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.