It looks like I'll be parting ways with my Roadking unfortunately. It just doesn't blend as well as I would like and I'm looking for something with a new flavor as a blending amp.

Right now my framus has a great low, low mid, and midrange tone, but the upper midrange and treble aren't exactly what I'm wanting.

I'm also looking into 8 string guitars.

Any suggestions...I'm all ears...if possible, i'd prefer the used or new price to be less than $2800.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Colgate Total
New guitar and amp?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG2228

As for amps, check out a Stiletto.

I'm not interested in mesa. I've owned a roadking and mark IV, I'm just not into what they have to offer.

As for 8 strings, not to say thats a bad choice, i'm talking though, it's gonna be the guitar of guitars, not something right off the shelf. More or less custom shop or low production guitars.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Well, if you're looking for a guitar of guitars, and a decent amp, you're gonna need a hell of a lot more than $2800.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
Well, if you're looking for a guitar of guitars, and a decent amp, you're gonna need a hell of a lot more than $2800.

I guess you haven't checked out my gear list on my UG profile

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by FRDesign
Your gear is like my Dream gear, a Mesa, a Framus, *drools*

The mesa just isn't working for me man. The roadking is pretty versatile but still the ballsiest gain will always have that sort of scooped tone.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
The mesa just isn't working for me man. The roadking is pretty versatile but still the ballsiest gain will always have that sort of scooped tone.
Hmm, have your tried like EL84/34's in it, or mabye a different Cab.

What kind of tone are you looking for.
Quote by FRDesign
Hmm, have your tried like EL84/34's in it, or mabye a different Cab.

What kind of tone are you looking for.

It uses both EL34's and 6L6's, you can choose which ones or both per channel with the change of a channel. I've used quite a few different cabs with it, it's just not blending as well as i'd like it.

The framus has a superb tone for the lower half of frequencies. I'm looking at Erocks splawn Quickrod, or other amps similar in flavor. Possibly an elmwood M90.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio