Poll: Have you?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you?
I made one and I'll show it and name it.
0 0%
I made one but I don't want to show it.
3 30%
Nope.
7 70%
Voters: 10.
Who here has make a totally original technique or think that they have done something with the guitar that is original ( like something like tom morello)?

I think I made a new technique.

You don't have to name or show the technique if you don't want to for personal reasons of stealing.
Last edited by Graveworm at May 19, 2008,
Quote by Graveworm
Yes, do read the thread.

This thread is completely pointless if your just going to mock me for asking you to describe your new technique to me.
Well since I don't need any names, descriptions or any sort of proof for that matter...

Yep I've created thousands of guitar techniques.... and galaxies too...

EDIT: Well actually, there is one technique I wouldn't mind sharing. It's called the "Not Creating Dumb and Pointless UG Thread" technique. I'm not sure if it's technically a guitar technique, but it seemed fitting and I wouldn't mind if people decided to steal it...
Last edited by T!AN at May 19, 2008,
Quote by Graveworm
Yes, do read the thread.

Right...

Graveworm, you aren't going to make many friends here on UG by being unpleasant.

Also, I can't imagine anyone not wanting to share their "new technique" because of "stealing." I won't even bother explaining how stupid that sounds.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by FourSticks17
Right...

Graveworm, you aren't going to make many friends here on UG by being unpleasant.

Also, I can't imagine anyone not wanting to share their "new technique" because of "stealing." I won't even bother explaining how stupid that sounds.

Sorry I don't make friends online.... I rather talk to them face to face.IMO, this is UG and almost everyone is mean so..

Well, imagine Gene Simmons copied a new thing that you made and got all the credit for it probably even cash for a few lesson with guitar world?

Yeah, I think that sounds stupid.
Then why even make a thread about it? Who cares if you think you made up a new technique, honestly you probably still suck at playing.
Anyways, If you want to follow the thread, great!

if you don't and just want to call the thread pointless.... then all means.
Quote by thefrigginbob
Then why even make a thread about it? Who cares if you think you made up a new technique, honestly you probably still suck at playing.

Thank you.
Gene Simmons?

Errr.

Also, if you're not supposed to describe or demonstrate the technique then this thread has zero merit and should be abandoned. This is stupid. You're stupid.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Gene Simmons?

Errr.

Also, if you're not supposed to describe or demonstrate the technique then this thread has zero merit and should be abandoned. This is stupid. You're stupid.

^ Agreed.
I made a new technique.
It's where I play with the plectrum upside down. Works wonders!
Signatures are overrated.
I play with only a t-shirt on and my pubes glued underneath my weiner like a french mustache, does that count?
I've never told anyone this, but it is the secret to my orgasmic tone. I play using my pick backwards! Not upside down, but backwards!
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
I pick with a fish.

It's not perfected as it's pretty tough to keep a few of them taped to a mic stand, but a good Salmon will do wonders for your tone.
A live one or dead? Tone requires a lot of sacrifice.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Anyone can just make a new technique. Whether it sounds good or not is a different story.
Quote by jackson001
A live one or dead? Tone requires a lot of sacrifice.

You know, this is a very good point. Live for heavier music because it makes alternate picking a bit easier, and dead for softer stuff requiring a softer approach.

Now, this is the best part: Once the live one dies, you can continue using it for other styles. It's a renewable resource.
Quote by Graveworm
if you don't and just want to call the thread pointless.... then all means.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure