hello u-g community. i love the look sound feel and shape of les puals. i want to get the best lp possible without spending 1000 before taxes. should i get the epiphone lp ultra and later replace the pickups or get the gibson all mohagony lp?
If you have a $1000 budget, I would advise you to get a Epi Elitist. It is the best Les Paul I have played. I am currently saving for one. It was better then any Gibson Standard I have used. Far better quality and sound then a Gibson Studio. Unfortunately hardly anyone stocks them. It will be difficult to find to try out, but you will not be disappointed.

If you must spend less, The Epi standard is as nice or better then the Gib Studio. IMO
elitist, if not elitist, then I would suggest the epi les paul custom. or the les paul standard
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
What's with epiphone and gibson, are they the same brand like fender and squire?
Quote by Noakesy
What's with epiphone and gibson, are they the same brand like fender and squire?

Gibson owns Epiphone, so in a way, yeah.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Don't get an Ultra. The 'Ultra' name is a bit misleading, it makes you think it's the best LP Epi make. Actually it's no better than a Standard really, it's just different, not better. Also the Ultra is basically a semi-hollowbody guitar, so it sounds and feels quite different to any other LP. The Ultra-II is then even more different agian on top of that. If you want a good LP, you don't buy the Ultra, the Ultra is for people who want a semi-hollowbody or acoustic tones in an LP shape, it is not just 'a good LP'.

Go for an Epiphone Elitist. Best Les Pauls you can buy until you hit the Gibson Custom Shop or the top ESP Eclipse guitars. If you can't get an Elitist, either get an Epiphone Custom or a Tokai LP copy, and use the money left over to upgrade them.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by rhcpmdlz
hello u-g community. i love the look sound feel and shape of les puals. i want to get the best lp possible without spending 1000 before taxes. should i get the epiphone lp ultra and later replace the pickups or get the gibson all mohagony lp?

What do you WANT to get? Tell me. Forget about the $1,000 for a minute and just think about what you WANT. This is something you're going to be playing for years and years. Why not think about what you really really want and put off your purchase to save up for it?