Yeah, I was watching the film about half an hour ago and it was at the end of course. Everytime I see this movie I just get chills down my spine thinking about being in a band. I've been playing guitar for almost 7 years and have had like 0 band experience. All I have are solo recordings of ****ty quality songs on my computer that I've made. I live in a nowhere town and it just bugs me so much and I can't even describe the sensation I get when thinking about fronting a band and just having everything sounding so fantastic and all as one. Anyone else get this feeling or am I just insane?
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
^^
lul

No man. You're not insane.
I live in India.
Thankfully in Mumbai where there are ALOT more guitarists and guitars.

It's a major pain in the rectum just to find a bassist/drummer because decent equipment etc is expensive.
And the one drummer I know thinks Green Day is satanic because of Bullet in a bible.
Retarded isn't he ?
*hopes no one notices lack-of-sig*

o noez !
we've been spotted.
ruuuuuuuun

my username was a mistake

get used to it.
On tbs?!? I just watched it too!

/over-excitement
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Being on stage is orgasmic.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Solo projects are ok, you just need to get out and play publicly more.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
You're insane.

Of course there had to be one dick...

But yeah I was watching it on TBS lol. Watching Orange County right now and just realized that it has one of the best soundtracks ever. The Offspring, Cake, Social Distortion, etc.?? Insanely good.

I'm off to Ohio State University in September. Do you think theres a good chance I may be able to form something there? Or will everyone be too distracted?
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by offspring_punk
Yeah, I was watching the film about half an hour ago and it was at the end of course. Everytime I see this movie I just get chills down my spine thinking about being in a band. I've been playing guitar for almost 7 years and have had like 0 band experience. All I have are solo recordings of ****ty quality songs on my computer that I've made. I live in a nowhere town and it just bugs me so much and I can't even describe the sensation I get when thinking about fronting a band and just having everything sounding so fantastic and all as one. Anyone else get this feeling or am I just insane?

i live in a ****ty town too and i found 4 other people that hate it so much they play music to so we started a band..... so i mean its not really that hard.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by InvaderTSN
I bet he's frowning all the time.

For some reason this made me laugh for like 5 minutes
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
I saw it too. TBS? Lol.

Anyways, I'm in a band, but we're not really going anywhere. Like. We try to write and play actual songs, but we always end up just jamming over a random riff. I mean, it's fun and great, but...It's missing something. Not so much the stage, or money, but rather...Just the recognition and entertaining other people with something you came up with. Making good music is like inventing something as revolutionary as the microwave.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by offspring_punk
Of course there had to be one dick...

But yeah I was watching it on TBS lol. Watching Orange County right now and just realized that it has one of the best soundtracks ever. The Offspring, Cake, Social Distortion, etc.?? Insanely good.

I'm off to Ohio State University in September. Do you think theres a good chance I may be able to form something there? Or will everyone be too distracted?

You will be surrounded by musicians. You shouldn't have much of a problem finding the right people to play with.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I live in a tiny hell hole of a town... And after about 2 years of trying I finally have a full band.. And we will hopefully be playing in a few months.
You just think there aren't any, you have to really look for them, I looked for band mates for a year too thinking there were none in my town, you just have to know where they are, ask everyone you know to ask everyone they know to ask everyone they know to ask.. Look for places that have rehearsal studios, there are tons of musicians there obviously, bars, guitar stores, even cd stores will work, place adds on forums, flyers, .. And yes the feeling is the best thing I've ever experienced, when you play a song that you all wrote together and it's just perfect.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by cocacolabottle
You just think there aren't any, you have to really look for them, I looked for band mates for a year too thinking there were none in my town, you just have to know where they are, ask everyone you know to ask everyone they know to ask everyone they know to ask.. Look for places that have rehearsal studios, there are tons of musicians there obviously, bars, guitar stores, even cd stores will work, place adds on forums, flyers, .. And yes the feeling is the best thing I've ever experienced, when you play a song that you all wrote together and it's just perfect.

Yeah the only problem with looking in any bars, guitar stores, studios, etc. is that there aren't any around here lol. The biggest thing here in Wal-Mart or Mcdonalds. The nearest real city is like 2 hours away
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
Quote by offspring_punk

you can form an AWFUL FOOTBALL TEAM AND BE AN ASSHOLE.

GO BLUE

Quote by offspring_punk
Yeah the only problem with looking in any bars, guitar stores, studios, etc. is that there aren't any around here lol. The biggest thing here in Wal-Mart or Mcdonalds. The nearest real city is like 2 hours away

When I went to Chicago, one of the McDonald's there had a stage outside and featured jazz bands on Sundays.
<Han> I love Hitler
you can form an AWFUL FOOTBALL TEAM AND BE AN ASSHOLE.

GO BLUE

/QUOTE]

Awful football team...says the guy who's team has lost to mine the last 5 times? ^_^

GO BUCKS
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666