I think i've decided to sell my Marshall and buy a new stack. Any suggestions?
Think For Yourself, Question Authority - Dr. Timothy Leary

Quote by Poopsmith666
[21:09] im so canadian i piss maple syrup and i shit the beavers!

Quote by theyab
[1:01] im 21 years old i know how to jerk off
Metal, I dunno about budget at the moment sky's the limit I guess.

Quote by Poopsmith666

Quote by theyab
Is there anything you're looking for in this possible new amp? Basically why are you wanting to get rid of your current Marshall?
Well....theres the Bogner Uberschall, Soldano, Splawn, Koch Multitone, EvH 5150 iii. If the sky's the limit, any of those will do metal really easily. But they are all over $3000, and the Bogner is like $3000 for the head alone.
I want something with more low end, with sparkling cleans and heavy distortion without losing clarity or tone. I find my particular Marshall is a little muddy.

Also i'll probably end up spending between $1200-2000 on it. I was considering a Mesa Dual Rec, Mark IV, or a Crate Blue Voodoo....which is a little cheap, but I've played through one and it sounded like a decent metal amp.

Quote by Poopsmith666

Quote by theyab
Quote by Inbleach
I want something with more low end, with sparkling cleans and heavy distortion without losing clarity or tone. I find my particular Marshall is a little muddy.

Have you tried turning down the gain, and plugging in a Tube Screamer or compression pedal? They have things out there that will tighten up the sound a bit.
ENGL Powerball and any cab loaded with either V 30's or Greenbacks. Seriously, this is one versatile amp, crystal cleans, almost marshall like crunch and heavier and awesome high gain lead tones. Just look up the list on engl endorsees at the link below or any videos of Chris Broderick and you'll get an idea of the wide array of tones this amp can nail.

http://www.engl-amps.com/index2.html

Just look at all the big names that already play ENGL's and the new endorsees they are gathering as we speak. Michael Romeo from Symphony X signed the other day!
Quote by obvs
Have you tried turning down the gain, and plugging in a Tube Screamer or compression pedal? They have things out there that will tighten up the sound a bit.

Yeah, I had a TS9 and a Boss Compressor/Sustainer...but I still didn't like the sound...maybe more equalization?

Quote by Poopsmith666

Quote by theyab