OK I started like 2 months ago, practicing on & off.
For the last 4-5 days I was doing the Gmajor to Cmajor thing using 2,3,4 fingers and basically had no progress. I couldn't do it smoothly at 60bpm. Seriously I'm wondering if my pinky is the weakest in the world, coz I see many beginners nailing this simple changing with no effort.

Should I stop? If not, can you give me some suggestions?
Quote by iaintwannastuck
using 2,3,4 fingers

Use fingers 1, 2, 4
WOW That's quite a forum, 4 replies after 30 minutes, I'm impressed.

I don't understand what the first 2 said though.

I thought people used 3,2,4 for the G? Is that true? And I can't press the high E down at the tip of my pinky. It's always off.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
I always use 1,2 and 3 for C and G major.

Same here, I think that's standard. TS, you should really try to teach yourself to do the same, IMO. Particularly because your pinky will naturally be weaker than the other fingers; this makes your fingering far more difficult.
Last edited by OsokDracul at May 19, 2008,
Just practice with a metronome until you can do it smoothly, just keep practicing and everything will be fine. I usually play those chords like this (fingers, not frets):
G:
e-4-
B-3-
G---
D---
A-1-
E-2-

C:
e-open--
B-1------
G-open--
D-2------
A-3------
E---------
Good luck!

pepsi1187 and Roads5: You had absolutely nothing to contribute here. Your posts are not funny in any way, so cut the jackassery and don't post if you're going to say things that are that useless.
i use fingers 1,2,3 for both C and G as well. the pinky is naturally weaker then your other fingers. you might want to try using fingers 1,2,3 instead and see if its easier.
Quote by iaintwannastuck
WOW That's quite a forum, 4 replies after 30 minutes, I'm impressed.

I don't understand what the first 2 said though.

I thought people used 3,2,4 for the G? Is that true? And I can't press the high E down at the tip of my pinky. It's always off.

If you use 3,2,4 for the G, then you have the index finger available for the Gsus chord. It's awkward at first, and your pinky is weak, but keep practicing the technique and you WILL nail it. It will after time become easy for you.