i think theres a company called floyd rose that makes a pretty good one.

thats like asking who makes the best band-aids.
Quote by chea_man

I'm aware of that. But I've heard bad things about certain models made by Floyd Rose.
Quote by chea_man

Floyd Rose doesn't produce any Floyd Roses currently. The Original Floyd Rose tremelo is now made by Schaller. That and the Schaller branded Liscenced Floyd Rose are your best bets. There's also Kahler, who make a different type of tremelo system, but some would argue it equally good or better.
im sure an original floyd rose would be better than a licensed floyd rose
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
just go for the floyd rose original tremolo, the only others i know of are the speedlocker (or something like that) and the licenced tremolos. the licenced trems aren't made by floyd rose, so their quality is questionable (but then again, some are just as good as the originals)
They'll handle 12's only if you're downtuning to something like C...in standard you don't want to go any higher than 10's.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
They'll handle 12's only if you're downtuning to something like C...in standard you don't want to go any higher than 10's.

Why's that?
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
Why's that?

Because you'll have too much tension and pretty much render the trem useless - there's no point shelling out for a Floyd if you're going to have that much tension because it'll be too stiff to be useable.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by kenan6346
coz the strings r 2 thick and they'll snap

Please dont listen to this tripe. Its mainly a trem cavity spring problem. Being that you wont have enough spring tension even with all 5 attached to counterbalance a set of 12s in standard tuning.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
Please dont listen to this tripe. Its mainly a trem cavity spring problem. Being that you wont have enough spring tension even with all 5 attached to counterbalance a set of 12s in standard tuning.

so you don't agree that it would be a challenge to tune 12s to E? sure its doable, but the strings will break quickly
Get the original floyd. It is pretty epic! also you can easily adjust the tension of the floyd by tightening or loosening the screws in the back. So pretty much you can put custom gauges on it as long as it is adjusted properly.
get an original floyd rose and make sure the bottom is cut out below it, trust me makes a difference. I would recommend against the licensed floyd rose because they dont stay in tune well at all the original is like a dream, good luck with one
My Gear:
LTD EC-1000 (duncan jb/jazz)
Schecter SLS (EMGs)
ESP Horizon
6505 head
Marshall 1960lead cab
Boss noise gate
maxon od808
boss chorus
boss de-7
Dunlop strings and tortex 1.14s
i say ibanez make some good trems too the Edge,Lo Pro Edge,Edge Pro,ZR possibly the best trems ever made though they stopped making the Edge and Lo-Pro Edge.they say the Edge Pro is pretty much the same as the Floyd Rose Original but i think the ZR trem rapes.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
gotohs are really good too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?