Why is it that every tab on this website has no strum pattern shown?

I know people might say "Omgzz0rz, u n00b! Strum patternz r ez! juss list3n 2 teh song, lololol0lololz. PWNED!", but if it's really as easy as people say it is, then why does no one ever freaking put it in the tab?

Haha. Any thoughts?
Quote by Justtin
Why is it that every tab on this website has no strum pattern shown?

I know people might say "Omgzz0rz, u n00b! Strum patternz r ez! juss list3n 2 teh song, lololol0lololz. PWNED!", but if it's really as easy as people say it is, then why does no one ever freaking put it in the tab?

Haha. Any thoughts?

because why put
--------------------------------------
--5--5--5--5-------9--9--9-------
--5--5--5--5-------9--9--9-------
--3--3--3--3-------7--7--7--------

when you can just do
--5---9------------------------------
--5---9------------------------------
--3---7------------------------------

its easier to tab out like that, it takes up less room, and strumming patterns arnt hard to figure out.
Also because of constant variation, yada-yada, ad lib, different playing style. If you put the strumming patter, poeple go, "You play this chord that many times, not this" and whinge that it's wrong.
waste of time and space...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I know this is a very old topic, but I just got on my profile and checked on all my old posts. So..

When I said strum pattern, I don't exactly mean the kind of tab like makuserusukotto suggested. I agree with them, as the tabber can easily just put:

--5-------9---------|
--5-x4---9-x4-----|
--3-------7---------|

However, I meant in songs (mainly acoustic) that have a chord progression, but that's all. They don't have the Up/Down indications, you know? All they say is "Listen to the song to figure out the pattern". When I first started playing acoustic, I was very eager to play the songs I listened to frequently, but the tab didn't show the pattern, and even with all my time spent listening, my rhythm was horrible. I mean, I eventually figured it out without help from UG tabs, and I guess it was a good learning process, but there's a lot of new guitar players who get discouraged by acoustic tab.

All I'm saying is, if your going to take your time to write out a tab, adding the pattern should be a piece of cake. Even if the pattern is wrong, it's better than nothing. If people tell you it's wrong, then that's your chance to perfect it, right?

Just some thoughts.