Alright so... I have made no progress in the last few days. Its mainly because of the heat we have had here and lately I have been extremely tired plus I mentaly cant handle playing guitar or studying theory.

I am just sick of it right now. I am not even having fun because I am like always thinking about how crappy I am and I say to myself I`ll get this done today! And I don`t... I have just been extremely tired and trying to force myself to get as much as I can down, trying so hard to do certain songs or solos, and I`m not sure what to do. Should I take a break for a little while or something...

Also ever night before I go to bed I always have these stupid thoughts of people saying how crappy I am of a guitar player. EVERY NIGHT! I mean I know I have only been playing for almost 6 months but I just cant help feeling I am not doing so good.

Any advice helps.
Gear:
Dean VX
Ovation Celebrity CC44 Electric Acoustic
VOX DA5
The best advice I can give is not to try and rush things. Sure there are people that can recite all types of scales off the top of their heads or switch between barre chords with ease, but they paid for it by studying every night and playing until their fingers bled. Just remind yourself why you even picked up a guitar (if its for the right reasons mind you) and don't worry about how well others can play.
Gear:
Fender DG-100
... yeah that's it so far
man some things just take time, some people are not just naturally gifted at guitar, it takes us a little longer to get certain things and to train our hands to move in weird ways, i was horrible the first yr and a half i played, eventually things will start getting easier for you. don't rush and don't play guitar because someone tells you its cool or to impress someone, play for yourself play because you have a passion for music.
Quote by TheEmoStrangler
man some things just take time, some people are not just naturally gifted at guitar, it takes us a little longer to get certain things and to train our hands to move in weird ways, i was horrible the first yr and a half i played, eventually things will start getting easier for you. don't rush and don't play guitar because someone tells you its cool or to impress someone, play for yourself play because you have a passion for music.

Well most people say you should be able to shred and play this and that and know this much theory or something to me but a certain amount of time. I love playing but lately its been so warm and since summers coming so its gonna even more hot and I cant focus playing or studying with the heat and how tired I have been too.
Gear:
Dean VX
VOX DA5
It's only been 6 months. It's not so bad. Just keep practicing and keep those thoughts out of your head. A lot of guitarists suck in their first six months.
hey dude i have been playing for around 6 months as well. and i know exactly how you feel. i used to have some of those thoughts myself. but i tell myself that everyone of us is different. some people learn a little faster, some people just simply take more time. i guess the main point here is to just take your time and enjoy the process. there is really no need for any of us to rush through things.
Don't worry, everything will come in time! I know it's frustrating right now, it's a part of every guitarist's journey!! But you must persevere, and take things one step at a time. Don't expect to do so much so fast, because you'll just end up disappointing yourself. Baby steps!!

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by SnoDog
Don't worry, everything will come in time! I know it's frustrating right now, it's a part of every guitarist's journey!! But you must persevere, and take things one step at a time. Don't expect to do so much so fast, because you'll just end up disappointing yourself. Baby steps!!

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." - Jimi Hendrix

Alright thanks guys, I think Ill just take a break tomorrow and then try to have more fun playing instead of comparing myself to other guitarists.
Gear:
Dean VX
VOX DA5
Well, I've been playing about 9 months personally, give or take. And... I believe I suck, but most people say stuff like "Hey, you're not bad." I mean, sure... I can't shred at all, or play Raining Blood, or anything like that... Yet. But, I honestly have alot of fun when I sit down for an hour and play around with some riffs and songs I know. And, according to all the marvelous muscians I've either seen on these forums or talked to in real life, the fun factor is golden. It's the entire key to playing. So... Don't give up man, just discard what the losers say, and don't worry about it.

Also, just a thought. It's never too early or too late to learn theory, so I'm told. Personally, I'm a major theory noob though. But... Maybe, you should just set theory aside for a small amount of time, and just play some easy songs. "Before I Forget" by Slipknot isn't too hard, mostly just simple powerchords. That's actually the second song I learned. Or... Try "Sunshine of your Love" by Cream. Another pretty easy song. I don't know... I'm probably wrong about that, but... It's what I did, and sorta still do. It works, I have fun... But, that was the whole reason I started playing guitar: Fun and a longtime desire to play.

Goodluck, man.
Quote by Kash1333
Alright so... I have made no progress in the last few days. Its mainly because of the heat we have had here and lately I have been extremely tired plus I mentaly cant handle playing guitar or studying theory.

I am just sick of it right now. I am not even having fun because I am like always thinking about how crappy I am and I say to myself I`ll get this done today! And I don`t... I have just been extremely tired and trying to force myself to get as much as I can down, trying so hard to do certain songs or solos, and I`m not sure what to do. Should I take a break for a little while or something...

Also ever night before I go to bed I always have these stupid thoughts of people saying how crappy I am of a guitar player. EVERY NIGHT! I mean I know I have only been playing for almost 6 months but I just cant help feeling I am not doing so good.

Any advice helps.

6 months is nothing, don't worry about it...after 6 months I couldn't do much of anything either. Learning the guitar takes a LONG time, things are worse nowadays because every new guitarist can immediately find out everything that they don't know and feels they have to learn it all at once.

Seriously, you should almost EXPECT to be crap after 6 months, it's really not very long at all. Take things slowly and set realistic short-term goals, theres's nothing to be gained from busting yourself up because you can't learn Canon Rock after such a short space of time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Really, to be not very good after 6 months is nothing to worry about. About 3 months after I started I was in a band with another guitarist who'd been playing a year, and he was really good. Another 9 months passed and I was still nowhere near as good as he was when he'd been playing for a year (and obviously, he'd got better). I felt terrible, but he said to me that everyone learns at their own pace. Plus, he was a near obsessive compulsive with guitar and played about 8 hours a day or something lol.

Just don't worry about it, as long as you practise efficiently, it will come.