Yes.

Very much so.

Edit: Although for some reason, the MG30DFX sounded insanely worse than the 50DFX tbh
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
"Are all MG's bad" Only the ones that work......

Yes they are all bad, don't do it. I dont know much about Randalls sorry.

lll
lll
lll HeH
V
Last edited by ninja23 at May 19, 2008,
Intelligent response time:

I'd avoid the MG, TS.

Budget? Styles? Current equipment? Where are you located?
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
Intelligent response time:

I'd avoid the MG, TS.

Budget? Styles? Current equipment? Where are you located?

australia, which means a valveking costs 900 american instead of 400.

Amp with at least 2 channels for rock/metal but also with good cleans,
preferably with reverb and wattage dosent matter. will be practice amp

as for tube or solid state... people say that if your gona keep the volume at 0.5, might as well just get a solid state because tube will sound horrible?

guitar: ESP f-250
Quote by Epic_chef
australia, which means a valveking costs 900 american instead of 400.

Amp with at least 2 channels for rock/metal but also with good cleans,
preferably with reverb and wattage dosent matter. will be practice amp

as for tube or solid state... people say that if your gona keep the volume at 0.5, might as well just get a solid state because tube will sound horrible?

guitar: ESP f-250

Depends what you need it for. If its just for home practice, get a solid state like a Peavey Bandit, but if you plan on gigging with it, go for the VK.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
If you're just using an amp for home practice use than yeah, I'd stick with solid state. 1 watt tube amps are all you'd need for home let alone a 50 watt beast. Though, people seem to over emphasize how bad a tube amp sounds when turned way down.

None the less Randall makes the best two channel, metal oriented, solid state amps that I know of. I still prefer single channel amps and add pedals but that's just me.
honestly...i dont think mgs are that bad...if you set them right, they are great for practice...but, idk if i would like try to play a huge show with one, but theres nothing wrong with it to practice on
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I've got a small 10 watt MG which is good for practice. tried other higher watt MG models didnt like them at all.
Mgs really aren't that good. I have a friend with a Randall, it's brilliant with the right guitar. ESPs are very good, so if you get the Randall you should be set.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yup and Dimebag used Randall SS stacks for the early part of his life.
All MGs are horrible. In fact, the bigger and more "powerful" they are, the harder they fail. Looking at what you need the amp for, I would go for at least a Roland Microcube, Cube 20X, 30X, or 60 (depending on your budget, of course). Or if you like the sound of that Randall, go for it. They make awesome solid states.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.