okay so, my politics teacher was showing us this documentary about
the war in iraq etc etc. and then they showed this iraqi metal band called
"The Black Scorpions". they are a political band, obviously.

doesnt anyone else find this cool?
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
Quote by _InsanitY_
im gna guess melodic thrash metal

lol.

OH SHI-

I gots to hear me some o' this.

*torrent*
relax guys.
lol.

they are like, heavy metal/death.

pretty cool.

yea, i dont think any of their stuff is on any torrents.
if it is, let me know.
Quote by webbtje
Old man, old.

where?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by joshua029
where?

I was wrong, it was actually another Iraqi band called Acrassicauda from Baghdad. But still, it just means this isn't really news.
Jesus Christ! So you mean there are other countries with music out there!?
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by pataldo
I heard about these guys ages ago. Not bad.

heard their music?
anywhere i can hear it/download it?
Dude I'm in Iraq and I see Iraqi people every day and I just have to say that all Iraqi people, Death Metal or not, are a complete waste of life and should not exist. But that's just what I think. I don't know.
Quote by hoppies
Dude I'm in Iraq and I see Iraqi people every day and I just have to say that all Iraqi people, Death Metal or not, are a complete waste of life and should not exist. But that's just what I think. I don't know.

*Facepalm*

Your going to start a flame war aren't you.

Please Don't.
Quote by hoppies

go die. in a big, bottomless pit.
(punt intended)
Terrorizer did a feature on this a good 5 months ago.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by hoppies

Obvious troll is obvious.

*reported*
Quote by webbtje
Obvious troll is obvious.

No shit, checked his profile, seems as if he joined just a few minutes ago.

I have heard of Iraqi metal bands, but they are few. As far as I know the genre was banned, but how it's now I have no idea of.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by frankv
What's so surprising? Yeah, I know Iraq isn't exactly the most stable or rich country in the world right now but still, doesn't mean they don't make music, does it? At least they have some serious lyric-fuel.

its all the more reason for making music.
iraq has a metal band?!!! thats unheard of, ah well, least they arent part of the millitia trying to kill everyone
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I thought they hadn't discovered sound yet?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
there was an article about it ages ago.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by webbtje
I was wrong, it was actually another Iraqi band called Acrassicauda from Baghdad. But still, it just means this isn't really news.

I think it's the same band, just an English version of their name.
Quote by saxaxe
There was an article about them in the latest Guitar World, haven't listened to them yet though.

The Issue with Yngwie on the cover?

I read the article from an earlier issue about that band of American soldiers, the Taliband.
That was pretty rad.
well i just watched the documentary about them, and honestly you gotta respect these guys for just wanting to play this music in a culture that pretty much wont let them. i recommend watching the movie "heavy metal in baghdad"
Quote by Graveworm
The whole muagy thai or whatever crap is just meh to me.
Quote by hoppies

you sir, are BRILLIANT
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
There is a whole documentary about them...
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Old thread, I know, but I just watched a documentary about these guys. I searched and didn't see a mention or link to the actual film (though I could have missed it)

http://www.heavymetalinbaghdad.com/

They are not a political band. To quote one of the band members in the film: "..we're not a political band like System of a Down"

They're not bad given their circumstances. Their hearts are surely in it. Let 'em rawk!