hey guys....i own a schecter c-1 hellraiser...and it neck dives...so much so, that i cant play my guitar normally...the body feels lighter than the neck, which is unusual, because the body is made from mahogany...

so i have 2 questions...firstly, im wondering if any of you out there are hellraiser owners and have the same problem...

also, is there any way to fix the neck diving? thanks for your help....
Quote by mista cricket

Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

Quote by guitarman015
What is theory?
I had the same problem with my COW 7. I fixed it by adding some weight in the control cavity. Luckily it has only one pickup & knob so there was plenty of room to add weight. I put in a square marble footpiece from a trophee. You need something with high density, small size and shouldn't conduct electricity.
I also tried by changing the location of the strap buttons but this didn't work out. All I ended up with was a guitar with 5 more holes in it
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
I had the same thing with my Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos. I took it to a guitar builder and he drilled a new hole into it. Now it's a lot better.

Also a good broad strap helps a ton!
Quote by Ventor
I had the same problem with my COW 7. I fixed it by adding some weight in the control cavity. Luckily it has only one pickup & knob so there was plenty of room to add weight. I put in a square marble footpiece from a trophee. You need something with high density, small size and shouldn't conduct electricity.
I also tried by changing the location of the strap buttons but this didn't work out. All I ended up with was a guitar with 5 more holes in it

haha....i had thought of that once, but....mine has no space at all...theres a tiny compartment for the 9 volt and the space at the back for the pots...ive looked and there is no space there....thanks though....anyone else got ideas on how to fix the problem?
Quote by mista cricket

Quote by guitarman015
What is theory?
Helium baloon.. tied to the neck?
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
you need a wider strap,
a leather or similar strap,
a strap pad,
and/or you strap buttons should be as far apart from each other as possible.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ohhhh....cool...okay....is the dimarzio clip lock strap a good idea? also, do you guys find it weird that the body feels lighter than the neck?
Quote by mista cricket

Quote by guitarman015
What is theory?
I have never even heard of this with a hellraiser. SG yes, Hellraiser no. Mine seems balanced as well as the classic. Sorry I know that doesn't help. Maybe you have a slick strap.
Fender Highway 1 Fat Strat
Fender MIM Standard Strat(EMG SL-20 loaded pickguard)
Gibson Les Paul Special
PRS SE singlecut
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Vox Valvetronix AD50-VT
Fender Blues Jr
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by anonamooseguy
I have never even heard of this with a hellraiser. SG yes, Hellraiser no. Mine seems balanced as well as the classic. Sorry I know that doesn't help. Maybe you have a slick strap.

well, im using the planet waves joe satriani strap...
Quote by mista cricket

Quote by guitarman015
What is theory?