So I was thinking of getting this little puppy...

http://www.guitar.co.uk/fender/1791-fender_american_standard_stratocaster_maple_fingerboard

I was wondering what they were like? I know what changes they have made but are they any good?

Rose wood fret board or Maple? I quite like the look of the maple but a few people have said it slows down there hand.

Thanks!
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
I don't see how a maple fretboard could possibly slow your fretting hand down. Paul Gilbert and Yngwie Malmsteen use them, so it can't be too detrimental ...
Quote by Cloudkill
So I was thinking of getting this little puppy...

http://www.guitar.co.uk/fender/1791-fender_american_standard_stratocaster_maple_fingerboard

I was wondering what they were like? I know what changes they have made but are they any good?

Rose wood fret board or Maple? I quite like the look of the maple but a few people have said it slows down there hand.

Thanks!

mmm you heard of a guitar called a "gibson les paul"?..i dont know why, but i think that would really be your sort of guitar
I am planning to buy this strat too, I've heard nothing but good things about it. I've had rosewood and ebony fretboards, never played a maple though. I was planning to get a maple neck with a satin finish (if possible), apparently maple necks are slightly slower because of the finish that is applied to them, a satin finish will resolve this but it's a custom job. I don't really see a problem, as the guy who posted before said most great guitarist use them (eric clapton, eric johnson, paul gilbert, yngwie malmsteen, eddie van halen etc), shouldn'r affect speed too much
Quote by Crazybudget
mmm you heard of a guitar called a "gibson les paul"?..i dont know why, but i think that would really be your sort of guitar

Why do you say that? I've always prefered strats sound over les pauls, not everyone love les pauls you know, just because they are expensive
a satin finish will just polish down to gloss after a little use, I hope you know this.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
Quote by Helpy Helperton
Why do you say that? I've always prefered strats sound over les pauls, not everyone love les pauls you know, just because they are expensive

wait, i'm not sure if your being sarcastic ,adding on to my joke..or...what!...tuh read his equipment list silly..we're both failures now
duuude, let fools with too much money buy the 08 models, get the 07s theyre selling off cheap
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Lol yea I'm a LP fan but I do have more than just Les Pauls lol I like Telecasters but I don't like having just 21 frets, so I was thinking of getting rid of the 06 Anniversary MIM strat and get a MIA standard.

I really like the look of it too dose anyone have one? because I want to know what the sustain is like somthing that obviously being a LP player is always a big thing for me.

The one thing that bothers me about them is how bright they sound I like very creamy thick sounds, with nice OD.

thanks

Fender 2006 Anniversary
Quote by Tomaz24
I thought maple allowed faster playing than rosewood?

Well thats what I though but apperntly they have changed the lacker or some thing but I'll just wear it down anyway.

Fender 2006 Anniversary
Fender's quality varies on a piece to piece basis. Basically, this means that all Strats of the same model are not created equal.

You should try it before you buy it. American Standards are really a step-up across the board from the American Series of the past, but the rule of try before you buy is most important here.
'62 Fender Jazzmaster (w/ Seymour Duncn Antq. II's)
PRS McCarty 20th Anniversary Rosewood Artist
Gibson SG '61 Custom Shop VOS
Ernie Ball Music Man JP6 w/ Piezo
Ibanez PGM301

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Single Rect-o-Verb Combo
Vox AC30CC2X
I own a 2007 american standard MIA strat, and i'm very happy about her. i really think it pays for the money they ask (1000 euro in december 2007).
timeo abstemios et dona ferentes

- lovermate: fender american stratocaster sunburnst
- powermate: marshall mg 30 dfx

- seiko tuner (sooo useful)
- korg metronome (keep fingers bleeding...)