hey guys, whats up?

in september my band (weve been gigging for about a year) is competing in the regional battle of the bands. were a sort of, a rock/blues band. were gonna be competing against a few hardcore bands. im not the biggest fan of hardcore but i'll admit they put alot of energy into their music (jumping around and stuff). but then again i guess this is the nature of their music. hate it or love it, its generally entertaining, but im not sure such an aproach can be taken to my bands music.

so my question is, if you guys have any tips on how to improve our live show, so that maybe with good audience participation and some good songs we might win.

for refference, this is my band (www.myspace.com/emersontheband)

thanks guys
Dare i say, get them to clap :S
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
Play well, and look like your enjoying yourself, the guitarist out of my old band constantly looked like her house had burnt down, which didnt go down too well!

Good Luck!
Bam
nice songs i like 'fragile' . if you play orange curtains the singer could like clap her hands and try to get the audience to go along
stuff like that
Good stuff eh, music sounds sick.
And yeah, jam, improvise, have fun, try and instill a bit of shock (not with regular, expected shock value techniques, be original)
haha. funny you say that tax man, at the qualifying thingy, one of the bands had this guitarist dressed in a suit, this funny guy with dreadlocks, then slowly throughout the set he took more and more clothes off until he just had sneakers and undies on. it was funny as all hell
Like I said before, just jam.
The longer you jam, the less they get to play.
Its just common knowledge.
during songs do some acting, entertaining, for eaxample: here is ... oure guitarist who is gna play a frikin awsome solo for you.!! (make sure he DOES play a frikin awesome solo).

heres a thing that crowds love, wear 2 shirts (buttoned up) and rip the first one of and ull still have the second underneath, very amusing.

mostly just have fun and ur crowd will have fun.
You guys don't suck, and because of that I feel I need to tell you:

Don't count on winning. It isn't really ever that important. Focus more on gaining fans and selling merch like you would at any other show. BotBs are so stupid...
Quote by Spazz128735
You guys don't suck, and because of that I feel I need to tell you:

Don't count on winning. It isn't really ever that important. Focus more on gaining fans and selling merch like you would at any other show. BotBs are so stupid...

This. Wise words.
people arnt gonna dance if your on stage standing still.
if people see that your dancing around, they will feel more comfortable to dance themselves. and make sure to let them know the options there "this songs an upbeat one, so if you wanna dance, nows your chance" sorta thing.

also just be proffesional with going from one song to the next, dont just stop and introduce everytime. have your drummer start the beat and play it quietly while you all get ready for the next song.
hey! i saw the band's myspace and the vocalist is awsome!

Im not saying blues is bad (i prefer blues than hardcore actually) but watching a hardcore show is more powerful (for nature obviously)

But who said you can`t move around? the guitarist and the drum player can do a lot.

Maybe put the guitar in distortion, just to make something different and more powerful.
Simple-Sound better then them. In the end that will earn you a lot more then trying to impress some hardcore kids in a battle of the bands.

Practice your stuff, be able to run your set without any problems and just make sure you all feel you are ready to sound the best you can.
thanks guys, some good advice, keep it comeing. and to the guy who said winning doesnt realy matter; i totally agree with you. the main aim of this thingy is to get some recognition, because were all 15 and theres a limit to gigs we can play (because in my city, alot of the major bars dont let underage bands play, and underage gigs got banned all together in the central buisiness district). but if you can pull off a good show at these things, you get alot of buzz, since your playing to alot of strangers and stuff.