changing from 9's to 10's with low e going from 42 to 46..., any spring adjustments needed? and what happens if in fact theres too much tension from the strings with not enough springs?

cheers.
Yes, you must adjust your springs.

The tension of the strings will be greater than before so your trem will pull up. Hence, you have to increase tension in the springs by screwing it in some more so your trem will be parallel.
there will be more tension from the strings so you will need to add tension to the springs so they should be tightend slightley. Also your intonation may be out of whack so you saddles may need adjusted as well
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
^yep what they said. you woulnt need another spring 3 'ill do.

ps. if it were me id rip the floyd off with my bare hands and burn it. got my first one this week, its unneccesary and very user un-friendly. i could set up a fender bridge to do the what the floyd does!
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Give yourself plenty of time if you have a tuner plug guitar into that because in my experiance it takes awhile also stretch your strings when you put them on and if you can put a block of wood or a 9v batt under the floyd to stop it going to far down when you change strings.Best of luck.
Quote by plucky duck
^yep what they said. you woulnt need another spring 3 'ill do.

ps. if it were me id rip the floyd off with my bare hands and burn it. got my first one this week, its unneccesary and very user un-friendly. i could set up a fender bridge to do the what the floyd does!

I know floyd's are a love/hate thing but a strat trem doesn't have anywhere near the range or tuning stability. They're necessarily complicated, but for what they offer there's not really a better option yet.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com