I have been playing for around three years, and play on a daily basis. Im a big fan of statocasters, which is where most of my guitar knowledge is. I dont know much about epiphone, The Les Paul Custom to be more specic. A kid from school needs money to buy something for his new drum thing, and is willing to sell his alpine white Les Paul Custom to me for 250$. It played well and was in great cosmetic condition.

good buy or no?
for $250 that's a pretty good deal, they retail over $500 and they are pretty good axes, if it is a custom. Just make sure it is a custom. You'll know by the inlays. The custom has block inlays while all other Epiphone models have trapezoid inlays.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
For 250$, buy it now!

However, keep in mind that I absolutely love Les Pauls and that I've never seen a les paul custom for cheaper than 500 euro's. (Should've learned to play right-handed after all...)

My two cents, if it still looks good, and you think it sounds good, go for it.
i've heard that the cheap finish means that the colour from your clothes taints the finish but this MIGHT just be bull****

the black one would just show up every single piece of buckle rash ever though.

do it
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
yea i knew what the custom was before this offer was brought to my attention, and this is most definetly the custom, not the standard version.
Quote by FenderStrat4
yea i knew what the custom was before this offer was brought to my attention, and this is most definetly the custom, not the standard version.

Then I would buy it. The standard epi's aren't great but the customs are pretty good and this is coming from a super strat fiend!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
haha yea like i said, i own a couple of strats and have always played then strictly. I always saw the Epiphone Custom and really liked the way it looked, but never actually played it. This one plays pretty nice, so yes i guess i will go ahead and purchase it

THANKS!

ill post pictures soon.
buy it theyre really good and thats dead cheap. playing them standing up is a bit harder than with a strat but you can get used to that easily
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Buy it and (if you have a decent amp) stick some proper pickups in.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
I have an Epi Les Paul Custom in alipine white, and although it is a little heavy, its a great guitar. you got your self a great deal.
My Gear
ESP EX-400
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Peavey Valveking 112
Electro-harmonix Metal Muff with Top Boost
Mogami Cables
Dunlop Tortex Orange .60mm Picks
DiMarzio Cliplock Strap
id say get it, for 250 you can not really go wrong
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
250? Wow. Thats really lucky.
I also have one just like that, alpine white.
It's a very nice guitar. Specially the fat neck on it.
Like someone else said, if you have a decent amp
upgrade the pickups.