I'm sending my guitar to the shop to change the stock pickups.
So far I'm quite happy with their proposal on the 5 way pickups diagram. The only thing remain for me is to decide whenever if I would split the Bridge or Neck pickup on the last switch position.
What would you choose ?

1: Bridge
2: Bridge + Neck
3: ???
4: Bridge Split + Neck split
5: Neck

Of course they said the positions can be changed.
Last edited by hminh87 at May 19, 2008,
Id go
1. Bridge
2. Bridge split
3. Bridge and neck
4. Bridge and neck split
5. Neck
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
Id go
1. Bridge
2. Bridge split
3. Bridge and neck
4. Bridge and neck split
5. Neck

I had that combination on my old Ibanez. This time I want to try something different.
I'm tore between Neck or Bridge split. Mainly for the clean fenderish sound, which position would be best?
why don't you get 2 push/pull pots and have them split the coils? then you can do anything
Quote by sethp
why don't you get 2 push/pull pots and have them split the coils? then you can do anything

You really can do that? The pickups i'm replacing in is a pair of Seymour Duncan SH-4 and SH-2-Jazz. There's no wiring diagram for push/pull knob anywhere for the 5 way switch. It would be very cool if I was be able to implement two pots, though. Opens up a whole lots more combinations.
1: Bridge HB
2: Bridge HB + Neck split <--- this is excellent.
3: Bridge HB + Neck HB <---- classic
4: Bridge Split + Neck split <---- make sure to use one north coil and one south.
5: Neck HB
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by hminh87
You really can do that? The pickups i'm replacing in is a pair of Seymour Duncan SH-4 and SH-2-Jazz. There's no wiring diagram for push/pull knob anywhere for the 5 way switch. It would be very cool if I was be able to implement two pots, though. Opens up a whole lots more combinations.

push/pull pots are easy to wire for splitting coils
but then again i would have a 3-way strat style switch with a two humbucker guitar. and then have 2 push/pull pots to split the pickups
actually, that's exactly what i'm gonna do on my dkmg as soon as i get the time. but i'll probably wire it for 2 volume knobs
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
1: Bridge HB
2: Bridge HB + Neck split <--- this is excellent.
3: Bridge HB + Neck HB <---- classic
4: Bridge Split + Neck split <---- make sure to use one north coil and one south.
5: Neck HB

+1

Edit: or if you want an odd combo

1. Bridge split
2. Bridge HB
3. Bridge + Neck Split
4. Neck HB
5. Neck Split
Last edited by Zofar at May 19, 2008,
So many combinations to choose from

I think I'm going to do the wiring job myself. The 5-way switch seems a little bit more complicated than 3-way. Is there a place where I can learn about it?