I was talking about best films ever with a few friends last night, films that actually have some artistic meaning, not things like triple x or other such films which are only popular because of big explosions and cool stunts. I was recommended "Lady In the Water", and was just wondering if it really is worth buying/ renting? Any thoughts, or any other recomendations?
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Pan's Labyrinth. It's an absolutely brilliant story, acted perfectly, but it's in spanish, so you may need subs, which kinda spoils it a bit, I guess.

It's really intelligent, magical, and at times painfully sad.

It's not often I praise something like this. Go check it out!
Falling Down - While being a serious film, it still produces 'the lulz'
The Butterfly Effect [Directors Cut], the cut has a way better ending! Check it up!
You were recommended Lady in the Water?
Wtf?

Donnie Darko is awesomeness in movie form.
A Beautiful Mind is great.
Across the Universe = fekkin awesome.

Also, Pans Labyrinth like that one guy said is really good.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
yea, pans labyrinth is a good film (ive only seen teh last half but still good) personally, i think Apocalypse Now, the dialogue at the end, in Colonel Kurtz's place is just wonderful.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Back to the Future
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
amp doesn't matter :P
Quote by Nesha Strah
Back to the Future

Check out Fight Club, it has a really deep meaning, good twists, good ending, and Ed Norton.
It's super rad.
But if you do decide to watch it first read the book, if you want. It will make the movie that much better.

Lady In the Water was M. Night Shyamalan's least appealing movie in my opinion. But watch it and find out for yourself.
forrest gump!!!!!!!!!!!
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Quote by thedudemeister
yea, pans labyrinth is a good film (ive only seen teh last half but still good) personally, i think Apocalypse Now, the dialogue at the end, in Colonel Kurtz's place is just wonderful.

1+. The whole Apocalypse Now is just amazing imo. For me it's the best movie ever done. Amazing soundtrack, Wagner, Stones, The Doors for example.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
1+. The whole Apocalypse Now is just amazing imo. For me it's the best movie ever done. Amazing soundtrack, Wagner, Stones, The Doors for example.

what Stones track was used?
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Dead Mans Shoes
This Is England
The Shawshank Redmption
Memento
La Haine
A Tale Of Two Sisters
Chinatown
City Of God
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Pans Labyrinth as said above, along with Blood Diamond, Babel, Crash, Pulp Fiction and The Godfather are all great films. and Lady In The Water definitely isn't the best of M. Night's work you could try The Sixth Sense or Unbreakable which are both really good.
Requiem For A Dream, and Pi, are both really, really good movies - if you watch the whole thing. I'll be watching them for the 27th time, and notice something new each time.

Or you could watch Dawn Of The Dead.