I had my heart set on the Ibanez S520EX. i played it at the shop and i loved it, fast neck great trem, stayed in tune even though i abused it for almost an hour, Above the average pickups, Slim, sleek, and comfy body. i had to wait a while cause am doing my finals and projects and i didn’t want to get the guitar cause i know ill get distracted. now that am done, and am about to buy one i saw this guitar on the net
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S620EXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=512501
Basically it’s almost the same features but the finish is nicer. i cant find any difference between it and the 520 EX, but i do like the finish. so my question is, is it worth payin the extra $100, and also what is the difference between the 2 guitars??? i cant believe it a $100 more just for the finish
Thnx U-Gers
Other than the nicer finish the second guitar has the pickups designed by EMG which would be my reason for going for it for the extra hundred.
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
i own the 520 ex it kicks ass and i love it, i went for simplicity, so i wasnt really looking for some thing that 'looked' nice, my 520 was grey, and had a three claw slash inlay on the 11, 12, and 13th fret, kind of a nice touch, so i got that one.
but the finish on the latter one looks real nice, give you something to make your friends jealous. and im not sure about whether the EMG pickups are on both guitars but whatever.
i suggest you spend the extra 100 my friend.
good luck
yeah ony difference i can see is the EMGs although shops might not even have that right so i dont see the point tbh
on musicians friend the Ibanez S520EX is 600 bucks and the Ibanez S620EXQM is 800 bucks, so it will cost you 200 bucks more. you can buy some nice pickups for that :P
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
In the long run it would be best to pay the extra 100 as it does feature more in terms of sound quality.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
I don't really care for the pickups because as soon as i save more money am going to change them to Seymour Duncan pickups, i never used the EMG pups before but i am not sure they would be as nice and versatile as the Duncan’s. And now i noticed as Farether stated above that its $200 difference!!!!
So now the question is, should i get the more expensive and throw the idea of changing the pups to Seymour Duncan’s??? Or get the S520ex and the pups ???
Well I just got an Ibanez art100 a couple days ago...
ibanez is a good brand.
I think you should get the Ibanez S520EX
Because I agree with Farether, you can get pretty decent pickups with the extra money.
good luck!
Quote by Jyscal
I don't really care for the pickups because as soon as i save more money am going to change them to Seymour Duncan pickups, i never used the EMG pups before but i am not sure they would be as nice and versatile as the Duncan’s. And now i noticed as Farether stated above that its $200 difference!!!!
So now the question is, should i get the more expensive and throw the idea of changing the pups to Seymour Duncan’s??? Or get the S520ex and the pups ???

If you're set on Seymour's then I'd go for the cheap one. But imo EMG's are almost as versatile and are great, so it all dpeends on the sound you want. Any harder stuff EMG's are better, but Seymour's can play hard stuff too. EMG's also have underrated cleans.
Just get the S520EX. The top, while sexy, doesn't add much to the tone since it's pretty thin. Both pickups in both guitars are trash, and since you're gonna swap them out anyway, EMG designed pickups only add to the cost.
the s620exqm pickups are NOT as bad as they are made out to be, i find the playability much better than the 270, and it is of an overall higher quality....
i faced the same problem as u a few months ago, bought the s620exqm, and dont regret it. i wrote a review for it here on UG, check it out.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist